Miami at Notre Dame at 6 pm on the ACC Network. February 23rd, 2020.

Advertisement
Very disappointed in the way Miami has played D for most of this year under Larranaga. If we aren't scoring or hitting our shots we get blown out since we play horrible D. Plus our recruiting lately has been lacking. I think coach L may be approaching retirement or the end of the road at Miami.

Advertisement
Just realized that ND didn't have a recruiting class last year. Bray said it was by design because they took 5 the year before, which would make me absolutely furious if I was a ND fan. No reason for that.

He is similar to Coach L. He likes to coach older teams but he does not give out scholarships.
That will catch up with him in two or three years when the team is extremely young.

Advertisement
Advertisement
87 points allowed along with a 21-4 run means Miami was bad defensively.

However, Lykes scored 8 points, McGusty scored 5 points, Rodney scored 5 points and Sam scored 3 points. All four players scored below their season averages. That is about 20 points Miami did not have tonight.

I agree with some of you on our switching defense. Switching perimeter with perimeter player is fine but Rodney switching in a point guard is unacceptable.

Advertisement
First thank you for the hookup. Second this is a prime example of a team out of control lost and confused and where coach L has to be accountable.
NP that thread should have every Canes game the rest of the year if you're ever looking. As for the game.... only watched the first half, but ND was just too clinical with the passing. seemed like Miami needed to do something to break their rhythm, but we sat there and switched every single ball screen and ND was able to get the matchups they wanted all half. Not a basketball coach, but gotta have something defensively to get them out of it (press or zone? idk), but basically for me L got out coached and it didnt help that they were 9-14 from 3 at one point.

Didn't watch because i can't stomach watching this school anymore after what I saw from the baseball program this weekend.....

In regards to us not being able to do anything against a zone unless we shoot them out of it... I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that L believes he can run the same offense against zone as he does man? The guy actually said this earlier in the year on national television and I can never not get that out of my head. "We like to run our same offense against man & zone." Oh really Jim? Well your man offense is atrocious to watch but the same offense we run against zone is even tougher to watch!

DARK DARK DAYS DOWN AT THE UCG

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back