Miami after 4 Games - Historic Look Back Over The Last 25 Seasons

GojiraCane

All ACC
So after four games, where does Miami stand versus previous teams? Compared to all previous teams, we're middle of the pack offensively and giving up one of the highest amounts of points in the last 25 years.

1602455282052.png

However, let's isolate down to years where Miami played only Power 5 or Group of 5 opponents in its first four games. That narrows the scope down quite a bit. Despite last night's letdown, this year's squad has scored the second most of any of these teams. Defensively it's second worst, however.

1602455390069.png

Advertisement
So after four games, where does Miami stand versus previous teams? Compared to all previous teams, we're middle of the pack offensively and giving up one of the highest amounts of points in the last 25 years.

View attachment 133497

However, let's isolate down to years where Miami played only Power 5 or Group of 5 opponents in its first four games. That narrows the scope down quite a bit. Despite last night's letdown, this year's squad has scored the second most of any of these teams. Defensively it's second worst, however.

View attachment 133498
But the dopes said our D held up well Saturday.

View attachment 133497

View attachment 133498

That's fair, I like those stats.
There are items that I would like to see better defensively, but I think the D/ST did it part to give Miami a chance to win.

Can't expect them to hold up that type of performance, when the offense had what approximately 250 yards.
A couple of drives, points or no points would have helped a lot vs Clemson. Half of that 100 is Clemson alone, essentially haha

Vs Louisville, yeah, the second half they let off the gas and decided to cruise, which now looks terribly bad considering Louisville was way overhyped, as suspected. UAB is a very quality G5 opponent mind you, I've been following them and they're beating everyone they have to, but the meat of their schedule is coming up.

That's fair, I like those stats.
There are items that I would like to see better defensively, but I think the D/ST did it part to give Miami a chance to win.

Can't expect them to hold up that type of performance, when the offense had what approximately 250 yards.
A couple of drives, points or no points would have helped a lot vs Clemson. Half of that 100 is Clemson alone, essentially haha

Vs Louisville, yeah, the second half they let off the gas and decided to cruise, which now looks terribly bad considering Louisville was way overhyped, as suspected. UAB is a very quality G5 opponent mind you, I've been following them and they're beating everyone they have to, but the meat of their schedule is coming up.
It was 7-0 before our O saw the field. Big mistakes and poor game prep by the D set the tone. The O was bad, but the D was not good

Advertisement
It was 7-0 before our O saw the field. Big mistakes and poor game prep by the D set the tone. The O was bad, but the D was not good
If you expected our defense to do better, feel free to provide a better game plan.
You have two NFL caliber starter in the QB and RB, and you expected what? I wanted them to win, but you could see that Etienne and Lawrence are on another level. When they had their back-up RB in there was a MAJOR difference.

If you expected our defense to do better, feel free to provide a better game plan.
You have two NFL caliber starter in the QB and RB, and you expected what? I wanted them to win, but you could see that Etienne and Lawrence are on another level. When they had their back-up RB in there was a MAJOR difference.
I expected our O to do better. Our D is what is always is, a D who crumbles against most offenses with a pulse, padding its stats against cupcakes.

Advertisement
Back