mentality

ball915

All-American
Having a lazy Sunday morning and watching The U Part 2. How in god's name can Al Golden not try to create a culture or one similar to what has proven to work for this team in the past? At what point, did it cross his mind to go as far in the other direction as possible and keep it going with subpar results? Nobody questions Al's work ethic and applaud him for it but how does he not get that it's not the lack of effort but the choice of direction? Sorry for the venting session and another Golden sucks thread but just couldn't resist after watching the formula that works on national TV

Advertisement
You can't flip a switch and become something you're not.

This is who Al Golden is. He runs his program like a daycare.

It has not been just Al. I have said this time and again now for a couple of years. It has seemed since the Peach bowl beatdown we got from LSU, Miami has never been the same. We are like the Lion in the OZ searching for our heart.

We now know it has been in part because of a recruiting dropoff, but only to some extent. BUT, what has really happened has been coaching. The bottom line is that we are now on our 3rd coach who has molded our team into paper tigers.

Miami football is literally played the exact opposite of how we were. It used to be... if a game got tough, or we got punched in the mouth, our team would then beat you down. Or go toe to toe. For about 12 years now, when we get punched in the mouth our team folds like a lawn chair. There has been less than 5 times we have ekked out a win with this type of situation with the last 3 coaches.

Our Mentality is simply one word. Soft.

If Golden does not coach like a rabid dog this season, then he needs to GTFO our Program. We will win again when we have a coach that eats steel and craps nails. A tough minded mentality. Does not mean a Drill Sarg, but a toughness/ no nonsense. Butch would fit, Schiano would. And I am sure some guys coming up from other programs. Let our talent run, and hit, plus teach them to eat steal and crap nails. Like the old way we were.

Advertisement
It has not been just Al. I have said this time and again now for a couple of years. It has seemed since the Peach bowl beatdown we got from LSU, Miami has never been the same. We are like the Lion in the OZ searching for our heart.

We now know it has been in part because of a recruiting dropoff, but only to some extent. BUT, what has really happened has been coaching. The bottom line is that we are now on our 3rd coach who has molded our team into paper tigers.

Miami football is literally played the exact opposite of how we were. It used to be... if a game got tough, or we got punched in the mouth, our team would then beat you down. Or go toe to toe. For about 12 years now, when we get punched in the mouth our team folds like a lawn chair. There has been less than 5 times we have ekked out a win with this type of situation with the last 3 coaches.

If Golden does not coach like a rabid dog this season, then he needs to GTFO our Program. We will win again when we have a coach that eats steel and craps nails. A tough minded mentality. Does not mean a Drill Sarg, but a toughness/ no nonsense. Butch would fit, Schiano would. And I am sure some guys coming up from other programs. Let our talent run, and hit, plus teach them to eat steal and crap nails. Like the old way we were.

U are looking at the program and team the BOT and Donna wanted at any cost. A program crying out in NEED for all those things only the institution can provide: lights, indoor practice facility, training table, new equipment and uniforms ...... The old program built by those kids didn't give a crap about the dark-JJ had them practice in it, the heat, they looked it, crapping facilities - like in movies they used them to be stronger, big name coach -- the MADE coaches big name. All those things we admired in those players, the administration and BOT hated and feared. It was not the dancing the powers hated, it was that they were frigging NOT the reason for the success.

While I don't like the PC world we live in these days I get it to an extent. However, as Blake has stated "it's Al's program" so the soft mentality is isolated to Al himself. The current top teams carry themselves to an extent (Canes bias) the way that we did when we were on top. It's just baffling to me and I'm sure most of y'all that something that is making 2.2 million dollars a year can't figure out to look at the 5 rings he walks by every day, call the former coaches, administrators, players, boosters and develop a plan to not fix what isn't broken.

Any good manager knows that being adaptable per environment is a key to success. Yes, he had a system at Temple that worked but Miami isn't Temple and it just blows me away that someone continuously refuses to recognize that. If McDonald's promoted a shift manager at a local McDonalds and promoted them to corporate Regional Manager there is going to be a difference and that shift manager typically finds that out very fast.

We don't know the inter workings of Blake and Al but the most frustrating part is that Blake continues to let Al go down this path of failure. Everyone's boss reading this has sat us down at some point and didn't ask us to change something but told us to change something and how to do it to an extent. The reason I bring it up as we all **** well know that we will see nothing change this season if anything get worse.

While I don't like the PC world we live in these days I get it to an extent. However, as Blake has stated "it's Al's program" so the soft mentality is isolated to Al himself. The current top teams carry themselves to an extent (Canes bias) the way that we did when we were on top. It's just baffling to me and I'm sure most of y'all that something that is making 2.2 million dollars a year can't figure out to look at the 5 rings he walks by every day, call the former coaches, administrators, players, boosters and develop a plan to not fix what isn't broken.

Any good manager knows that being adaptable per environment is a key to success. Yes, he had a system at Temple that worked but Miami isn't Temple and it just blows me away that someone continuously refuses to recognize that. If McDonald's promoted a shift manager at a local McDonalds and promoted them to corporate Regional Manager there is going to be a difference and that shift manager typically finds that out very fast.

We don't know the inter workings of Blake and Al but the most frustrating part is that Blake continues to let Al go down this path of failure. Everyone's boss reading this has sat us down at some point and didn't ask us to change something but told us to change something and how to do it to an extent. The reason I bring it up as we all **** well know that we will see nothing change this season if anything get worse.

Some coaches do adjust or try to emulate what's worked before and those are the ones that are successful.Unfortunately for us ours is the opposite.He's inflexible,believes he's the smartest man in the room and rather go down doing it his way than trying what you suggested.

Advertisement

Some coaches do adjust or try to emulate what's worked before and those are the ones that are successful.Unfortunately for us ours is the opposite.He's inflexible,believes he's the smartest man in the room and rather go down doing it his way than trying what you suggested.

Agreed and that is the upside to the situation. But at some point when you aren't producing, the media and fan base has turned on you you'd think for a man with a masters in psychology that he'd consider looking in the mirror. ****es me off that most of this board is smarter than a guy that makes so much more than all of us

Way too dramatic, son. Go write a coming of age love story made-for-TV script. A fight with LSU in 2003 has the program crippled 12 years later?

How about this? How about it's as simple as our HC is a gutless four-flushing maggot who plays scared. Hire a good HC, and you can shelve your dramatic etiology of pussification of the program theories instantly.

I would expect The Franchise to have a need to diss me and also call golden a maggot once again. You enjoy banging on pretty much everything about Miami and nearly everyone who posts here. I can write a coming of age story about how I would own you in any argument you want to take up with me hot shot. Would you like that?

I am already tired of your ish, so let's begin.

Last edited:
I would expect The Franchise to have a need to diss me and also call golden a maggot once again. You enjoy banging on pretty much everything about Miami and nearly everyone who posts here. I can write a coming of age story about how I would own you in any argument you want to take up with me hot shot. Would you like that?

:newman:

Advertisement
Al doesn't get it after all.

The Savior will soon return, and the Fraulden Curse will soon be gone.
Don't worry Canes fans,

We'll be free in 93.

[video=youtube;d-diB65scQU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU[/video]

Easy my friend. It ain't that deep. Franchise ain't that bad. He means no harm. Just hang around here for a while and you will figure things out. Don't take anything on here personal. 99% of us all want AL gone we just express it in different ways.

Advertisement

Did this useless sunken-chested f@qgit just challenge me to an argue off? Is it a loser leaves town match? Will we enter the battle wearing satin bomber jackets and knee wraps? Can we dig up Jim Ross to moderate?

Franchise every single time you reply to any post I make you can picture this..

You are the dude on your back in the *** scene of Team America with your mouth wide open. And I am hovering bare *** just over your face with my nuts grazing your chin. But yes, the release feels so good as I am shatting all over your face. So from now on after your 13,442 + post your also going to be known as Shatface. You should just put "I'm a Shatface"

Everyone else it's all good. I was on another board for over 10 years and have been reading this one for over 5. I know the layout of this board, and understand the frustration everyone has. I usually am reasonable to deal with as some of you may recognize my name, but I don't play well with people that comment on a post by typing things like "sunken chested ***git" . The Franchise should do better for how much he posts.

Advertisement
Back