media perception of penalties

Advertisement
**** is over with. I could careless prior, or afterwards what any outsider feels about us.

Better days are ahead of us, and it feels great to be a Miami Hurricane.

I do find it funny though, that after months of these same media people saying the NCAA should just drop the case against us after the whole Perez issue, the NCAA pretty much did just that...yet now they are upset.

I do find it funny though, that after months of these same media people saying the NCAA should just drop the case against us after the whole Perez issue, the NCAA pretty much did just that...yet now they are upset.
This is exactly the point I was making on the previous page. They are deliberately being contrarian for the sake of getting attention. If the NCAA would have hammered us they would be screaming about how the NCAA is out of control.

Advertisement

You know what else is funny? Reggie Bush's family was staying in a 800,000 dol house. That's 4 times the amount of 173,000 they claimed we got and then some. And that was only one thing. They were living in almost a million dollar house, and the NCAA was talking about used washers and dryers and sht!

What the **** do USC fans have to btch about?

USC would have gotten lighter punishment if they hadn't been so arrogant. That and lying will always get the NCAA on your case...well, and being from the University of Miami apparently.

It seems like the media thinks Miami was just given the scholarship reductions. They aren't even considering the 2 bowls and the ACCCG given up already, along with the effect on recruiting, and the scholarship reductions already taken, and they'd reduced recruiting visits as well. I think that would have been considered heavy punishment if it was handed down by the NCAA yesterday, but because it's already happened, it doesn't really register.

USC would have gotten lighter punishment if they hadn't been so arrogant. That and lying will always get the NCAA on your case...well, and being from the University of Miami apparently.

It seems like the media thinks Miami was just given the scholarship reductions. They aren't even considering the 2 bowls and the ACCCG given up already, along with the effect on recruiting, and the scholarship reductions already taken, and they'd reduced recruiting visits as well. I think that would have been considered heavy punishment if it was handed down by the NCAA yesterday, but because it's already happened, it doesn't really register.

If all that had been handed down yesterday they'd all be saying how Miami got hammered.

Posts #14 and 16 in this thread provide the blueprint for Canes fans going forward.

Remember this: ESPN wants UM to be the bad boys of college football. Its easier for them to market us that way. This is nothing different than the way its been since the 1986 fiasco bowl. (ie: the highest rated college sporting event of that 20 year period). Let the media do what the media does. Again, posts 14 and 16 in this thread. :)

Advertisement
Posts #14 and 16 in this thread provide the blueprint for Canes fans going forward.

Remember this: ESPN wants UM to be the bad boys of college football. Its easier for them to market us that way. This is nothing different than the way its been since the 1986 fiasco bowl. (ie: the highest rated college sporting event of that 20 year period). Let the media do what the media does. Again, posts 14 and 16 in this thread. :)

Do you ever wonder what it would have been like if the Canes had not slaughtered ND in 85 and caused Ara to go mute? That was easily the tipping point. That's when we became "criminals". Everything after was launched from that event.

That's the day I lost all respect for ND (they quit on Faust), the media (it was a mortal sin to do to ND what they routinely did to others for decades). Musburger, Beanbrain Cook, and all the rest of those leprechaun slurping ******** can eat the asparagus from my crap.

I expect everyone to turn on us very soon. Our sin will be winning.

Advertisement
Back