Meaningless loss

It takes time to build a winner from scratch. You don't want to hang around while the house is getting built, that's your deal.

Thick and thin, bytch.

Loser talk, sorry.

How long should we wait for the program to be built or rebuilt or renovated? It has been over 10 years!

If the game is meaningless, why keep score? Why keep records? Winning yesterday would have put us on the path to rebuilding. Winning promotes winning.

Advertisement
What makes this so important is that many of us were beginning to fall under the impression that maybe, just maybe, our Canes had turned the corner for the first time in a decade. We've been sitting here watching losing season after losing season, patiently, supporting coach after coach, hoping that this one will be the guy to bring us back, or that one will be the guy to bring us back, and every time it looks like the team has progressed, we regress.

This loss means that we aren't anywhere close to turning the corner, it is affirmation for those who feel there are problems with Golden and/or his staff, and it portends another pathetic excuse for a Canes squad coming up in 2013.

So if Finnie doesn't get called for the penalty on 4th down, and we win 40-35 while still giving up 450 yards and all that, have we turned the corner? We're still the same team that we were before we lost. 8-4, 7-5, 6-6 this season and, in reality, we're the same team. I cursed when we lost, and I'm still upset, but winning yesterday is not a program changer/definer.

Yeah, enjoy the games. Football is entertainment.

I enjoyed watching Duke Johnson beast the **** out. Seriously, that kid is special. He's the best back I've ever seen at Miami, and I've seen all of them since Edge.

I liked what I saw from the defensive line. Our d line has been a problem all year, but now we're playing better.

I liked what I saw from Tracy Howard and Ladarius Gunter.

Our linebackers and safetys lost this game for us. Oh well. Look at the bright side, at least the backups have some experience now, and Telamaque will be gone after this year.

Have patience. That's all I gotta say. It's not gonna happen overnight. It's not gonna be a linear, smooth process. There's gonna be ups and downs. All I'm saying is let's everyone quit being such a ****, and chill the **** out.

We're not really in the hunt for anything this year anyway, so it's a learning year. Just enjoy the games man.

Because it's not about backing into a bad conference's(in an even worse division) championship game. It's about the program getting to the point that we all want it to be, and losing to sh*t teams like UNC and UVA are steps back in that process. No matter how you try to justify it, today was a bad, bad loss to an awful football team. And as long as we keep trotting that sh*t that we call a defense on the field that we have the last 2 years, we will NEVER play at the level that we(and I hope Golden) expects this team to play at. Period.

Did you just say, enjoy the games? Are you a *********, or what? It´s not fun watching a pedestrian qb in Rocco looking like Peyton Manning and completing 18 straight passes. That´s too much for me to handle.

Duke is great for a freshman but Edge is a college football hall of famer and borderline NFL hall of famer don't compare Duke to Edge just yet. For god sakes the guy has is own building at UM. We need to stop comparing these kids to former all greats and just let them build there own legacy.

Advertisement
Back