Mcintosh Jr update

CanesNation55

Thunderdome
Fort Lauderdale (FL) Cardinal Gibbons High School DE and Cane commitment Richard McIntosh, Jr. got an in-home visit late last week - coaches Jethro Franklin and Mark D'Onofrio watched his basketball game before going to his home.

"They were telling us some stats about the season that just passed, some numbers about the defense," McIntosh said.

McIntosh says he was impressed the Canes were ranked so highly on defense.

And of the team's 6-6 season record, he said, "Of course they could have done a little better at the end of the season, their record. But things happen, I understand that. I'm just looking forward to having a better season next year with all these different commits coming in.

"We're a real good class. We have a lot of receivers and top players coming in, running backs. I think we'll be good."

McIntosh spoke with coach Al Golden over the phone on Sunday.

"He was just reminding me about how excited he is about me coming to Miami and stuff like that," McIntosh said. "I like him - I think we're building a great relationship and I'm just looking forward to being a Cane."

McIntosh says he will take "at least one visit" besides Miami.

"My mom really wants to take visits," he said. "She wants to see Florida State and Alabama, but I haven't set them up yet."

He says of the level of his commitment that "I'm pretty strong with Miami."

Does he expect to play right away at UM?

"Everyone wants to play right away, but I'm not really sure what will happen," he said. "All I can do is just come in and work."

He says he's working to drop weight - at 6-foot-5 he wants to cut from 270 to 260.

"I want to get quicker and also stronger at the same time," he said.

McIntosh has set up his Cane official visit for Jan. 16, a date that many commitments are expected to visit together.

Advertisement
I was worried about this kid, but hearing that is good. We def need to keep all the DL we have and go after others!

Well, I dont think we would be able to get many recruits if we told them that. I get what WE see isnt very good. But until after next offseason, we are stuck with Golden. I want us to get as many players and good pieces as possible who can be developed either by this staff.....or by the next staff!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back