McFarlane Starting

Advertisement
I’m not the biggest fan of the move (I would have preferred Smith), but this week and next are the spot to take a swing at it.

I picture a future rotation of Rosario, AMAC and Mederos as all starters with plus stuff

Not BVB, CMAC and Slade, but still real talented

Dubberly and Mederos were not getting it done but agree with scane about Smith over Mac.

Glad to see Gino not being reactive. Hopefully he shakes up the batting order.

Advertisement
I picture a future rotation of Rosario, AMAC and Mederos as all starters with plus stuff

Not BVB, CMAC and Slade, but still real talented
Exactly what I'm hoping for next season. Just afraid MacFarlane and to a lesser extent Mederos may consider transferring since he was pulled from the rotation

truly don't understand this move. McFarlane has been extremely lucky during his past outings this season with balls at the warning track (ex: two in relief against FGCU just two days ago), while Mederos has unfortunately not been as lucky. Even with that being said they essentially have the same WHIP (1.18 to 1.28, with Mederos pitching 21 more innings than McFarlane) and a similar BAA considering the sample size (AMAC at .217, VM at .237).

This hinders the growth of Mederos, and if we truly want Mederos to be up to par with Rosario next season, these are the games where you let him start and weather the storm to grow as a pitcher if it ever were to get hairy. But thats unlikely against this type of BC team. If our offense couldnt pound on BC and make up for potential disaster from Mederos again, then thats a completely different discussion.

Just to confirm Jake smith hasn’t gotten one crack at a weekend start yet correct?

Ginos rotation/bullpen decisions still leaving me saying wtf consistently in year 3 of his tenure. Not good

Just to confirm Jake smith hasn’t gotten one crack at a weekend start yet correct?

Ginos rotation/bullpen decisions still leaving me saying wtf consistently in year 3 of his tenure. Not good
Correct. Only starts have been against FGCU during midweeks. But, in his last 15 IP he's only given up 2 ER, had 19 K's, 3 BB, and 10 hits (none for HR). Wouldve liked to see him get the start too honestly.

Advertisement
truly don't understand this move. McFarlane has been extremely lucky during his past outings this season with balls at the warning track (ex: two in relief against FGCU just two days ago), while Mederos has unfortunately not been as lucky. Even with that being said they essentially have the same WHIP (1.18 to 1.28, with Mederos pitching 21 more innings than McFarlane) and a similar BAA considering the sample size (AMAC at .217, VM at .237).

This hinders the growth of Mederos, and if we truly want Mederos to be up to par with Rosario next season, these are the games where you let him start and weather the storm to grow as a pitcher if it ever were to get hairy. But thats unlikely against this type of BC team. If our offense couldnt pound on BC and make up for potential disaster from Mederos again, then thats a completely different discussion.
Better to be lucky than good sometimes gent...

Also fuggging awful username

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back