Max Wittek QB @ USC

Consigliere's argument is a good one: if the guy is better than Crow and can play right away, you take him.

I just personally don't see anything about Wittek that makes him better than Crow....they are both slow footed and have a nice arm, and at least Crow knows the playbook. Take away Wittek's hype out of high school and you have a guy who couldn't beat out Cody Kessler and got passed by Max Browne on the depth chart.

Advertisement
Consigliere's argument is a good one: if the guy is better than Crow and can play right away, you take him.

I just personally don't see anything about Wittek that makes him better than Crow....they are both slow footed and have a nice arm, and at least Crow knows the playbook. Take away Wittek's hype out of high school and you have a guy who couldn't beat out Cody Kessler and got passed by Max Browne on the depth chart.

Kessler and Browne would be ahead of Crow, too. ****, they might be better Olsen.

The USC depth chart at QB, based on what is known to date, is a significant upgrade over ours. Even when Ryan Williams was the starter.

Snead was pretty good in 2008.

He was overrated... He was terrible in 2009... He wasn't a good qb... He had size...

According to Lauderdaleballer.

No according to NFL scouts when he went undrafted in 2009... He went from potential 1 in 2008 to undrafted in 2009... We kill Jacory for throwing pics imagine if our qb threw 20 pics in a year... The guy was overrated...

Not sure why you're comparing him to Jacory Harris. Jevan Snead was no stud, but he was a big time QB prospect who had success after he transferred. Can we end the discussion?

But he wasn't successful... He had a mediocre completion percentage and never through for 3000 yards... He through enough to do that... He had one season where he through 26 tds but his passing numbers was underwhelming... Did he even lead them to a bowl game his last year? I agree with the poster that lists him among the underwhelming qbs.

I agree with this assessment. As of right now, Wittek's body of work isn't impressive enough to say he'll help the team. And he's looking to start not to provide insurance. He lost his job at USC and now without saying it he wants a guaranteed position.

He was overrated... He was terrible in 2009... He wasn't a good qb... He had size...

No according to NFL scouts when he went undrafted in 2009... He went from potential 1 in 2008 to undrafted in 2009... We kill Jacory for throwing pics imagine if our qb threw 20 pics in a year... The guy was overrated...

Not sure why you're comparing him to Jacory Harris. Jevan Snead was no stud, but he was a big time QB prospect who had success after he transferred. Can we end the discussion?

But he wasn't successful... He had a mediocre completion percentage and never through for 3000 yards... He through enough to do that... He had one season where he through 26 tds but his passing numbers was underwhelming... Did he even lead them to a bowl game his last year? I agree with the poster that lists him among the underwhelming qbs.

In 2008 Ole Miss went 9-4 (5-3) and beat #8 Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl. In 2009 Ole Miss went 9-4 and beat #21 OSU in the Cotton Bowl.

Considering 2008-2009 were the last good years at Ole Miss, I would say Jevan was pretty successful for a transfer being the QB of that team. Remember Ole Miss isn't exactly a power house.

Advertisement

In 2008 Ole Miss went 9-4 (5-3) and beat #8 Texas Tech in the Cotton Bowl. In 2009 Ole Miss went 9-4 and beat #21 OSU in the Cotton Bowl.

Considering 2008-2009 were the last good years at Ole Miss, I would say Jevan was pretty successful for a transfer being the QB of that team. Remember Ole Miss isn't exactly a power house.

Completely off topic, but Ed Orgeron built those two teams. He really deserves another shot at HC.

Advertisement
Back