Marquel Combs - DT

cowboycane

All-ACC
Transferring out from Kansas. Was the Top JUCO DT in the country last year according to some.

Kid can obviously play a little but transferring out of somewhere after 3 or 4 games is a red flag. My question: If you are Al Golden, are you picking up the phone?

Advertisement
looking through 247 Sports and Rivals dosent appear he had a UM offer.. and we know coaches saw him play because he played on same team as Beau Sandland

Advertisement
From Ole Miss 247 site:

2013 4-star Juco DT Marquel Combs called me this morning to say he was packing his bags, leaving Kansas and moving home to Memphis to be near his mom, who has had health issues. Combs was a one-time Ole Miss commit but could not get eligible to play for the Rebels due to SEC transfer rules, thus he opted for Kansas. He says he will apply for a hardship waiver due to his mom's health. If he gets it, Combs would have two years to play two seasons and be eligible to play next season. I DO NOT know where Ole Miss stands in regards to this. I DO KNOW Combs would love to play at Ole Miss but there's too much gray area to jump to any conclusions right now. If he gets the hardship waiver, the NCAA will require that he play close to where his mom resides. The three logical candidates would be Ole Miss, Memphis and Arkansas State.

Charlie Weis ate the kid's cheeseburger at lunch the other day. ****ed him off, now he is leaving.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back