Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

JaCorey Thomas seems to be gaining some steam...I love this kid. Can project couple spots on D, and honestly I think he could play RB power 5. Looks like DeeJay Dallas but an inch or 2 taller.

JaCorey-Thomas

Film^
Jacorey Thomas sounds like he may decide end of June

Orlando (Fla.) Boone four-star athlete JaCorey Thomas has long been considered an FSU lean, but it sounds like three schools might have pulled ahead of the Seminoles since the NCAA lifted its temporary recruiting dead period back on June 1.

Thomas told 247Sports on Thursday that Georgia, Florida and Miami are out in front.

"That's my top three," Thomas said before noting that he hasn't heard much from FSU after he shuffled his official visit schedule.

Thomas spent this past weekend in Athens. The Bulldogs didn't offer Thomas until just a few weeks ago.

"Me and Coach [Dan] Lanning went over a bunch of plays and stuff like that," Thomas said while discussing his UGA official visit. "I love Coach Lanning. I think he's a good guy. I could see myself playing in his defense."

Thomas was hosted by Georgia defensive back Lewis Cine. The two went go-kart racing with a bunch of others players on Friday. Thomas then met one-on-one with Kirby Smart on Saturday.

"He was just telling me to come on home basically," Thomas said.

Thomas will now take an official visit to Miami this upcoming weekend before taking an official visit the following weekend to Florida. A commitment could come shortly after that.

"Probably at the end of June," Thomas said when asked about a timeline for a decision.

Thomas, who 247Sports ranks as the nation's No. 18 athlete in the class of 2022, helped Orlando Boone make the second round of the Sunshine State's 8A state playoffs last fall. He was credited with 60 tackles, two forced fumbles and an interception on defense.

The Bulldogs, Gators and Hurricanes all view the 6-foot-1, 188-pound Thomas as an in-the-box type of safety.

Advertisement
Jacorey Thomas sounds like he may decide end of June

Orlando (Fla.) Boone four-star athlete JaCorey Thomas has long been considered an FSU lean, but it sounds like three schools might have pulled ahead of the Seminoles since the NCAA lifted its temporary recruiting dead period back on June 1.

Thomas told 247Sports on Thursday that Georgia, Florida and Miami are out in front.

"That's my top three," Thomas said before noting that he hasn't heard much from FSU after he shuffled his official visit schedule.

Thomas spent this past weekend in Athens. The Bulldogs didn't offer Thomas until just a few weeks ago.

"Me and Coach [Dan] Lanning went over a bunch of plays and stuff like that," Thomas said while discussing his UGA official visit. "I love Coach Lanning. I think he's a good guy. I could see myself playing in his defense."

Thomas was hosted by Georgia defensive back Lewis Cine. The two went go-kart racing with a bunch of others players on Friday. Thomas then met one-on-one with Kirby Smart on Saturday.

"He was just telling me to come on home basically," Thomas said.

Thomas will now take an official visit to Miami this upcoming weekend before taking an official visit the following weekend to Florida. A commitment could come shortly after that.

"Probably at the end of June," Thomas said when asked about a timeline for a decision.

Thomas, who 247Sports ranks as the nation's No. 18 athlete in the class of 2022, helped Orlando Boone make the second round of the Sunshine State's 8A state playoffs last fall. He was credited with 60 tackles, two forced fumbles and an interception on defense.

The Bulldogs, Gators and Hurricanes all view the 6-foot-1, 188-pound Thomas as an in-the-box type of safety.

FSU WAS LEADING UNTIL TWO WEEKS AGO AND NOW THEYRE FOURTH AT BEST LOOOOOOL CHUMPS

He rescheduled it which to me sounds like he wants to come...maybe he and his family is dealing with something and couldnt make it

He rescheduled it which to me sounds like he wants to come...maybe he and his family is dealing with something and couldnt make it

Where do you see he rescheduled it? If you are referring to him rescheduling it to begin the visit yesterday then thats what I am talking about, he didn’t make that either.

Advertisement
other site saying only the henderson twins are here this week on visit. Not sure if that means Williams cancelled or rescheduled the visit. Or if it is just a mistake on the reporting

Advertisement
Looks like Mom wants to be on OV with him, may push until fall. Doesn’t really hurt us since waiting on safety for Kamari Wilson anyways

Orlando (Fla.) Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams was planning to take an official visit to Miami over the weekend. That didn't end up happening due to a scheduling conflict.

While there was talk of Williams taking a midweek official visit to UM starting on Monday, a contact at Evans told 247Sports that the family decided to push things back at the last minute so that mom – who wasn't going to be able to spend the next few days in Coral Gables – can accompany her son on the official visit.

That same contact added that the Hurricanes are going to get an official visit from Williams before he makes a commitment as Williams wants to take an official visit to Miami before making a final decision about his future. That means that Williams, who has talked about making a commitment in July, could push his timeline for a deciosn back to the fall months with the NCAA's "quiet period" set to end on June 28.

Williams is scheduled to spend the upcoming weekend at Ohio State on an official visit. He has already taken an official visit to Nebraska and was at UCF two weeks ago for an unofficial visit.

Back in January, Williams named a top three that didn't include the Hurricanes. Manny Diaz's program, however, has found some footing in the recruitment with Ishamel Aristide and Travaris Robinson leading the charge.

"They have brought that swagger back," Williams said last month when asked about Miami's two new assistants. "They just want me to become a better person and not just a better player, so we are working on that."
Aristide actually graduated from Evans before playing at Purdue.
"I met him when he was at Texas A&M, so now that he's at Miami, we are even closer," Williams said.
Williams picked off six passes as a freshman and seven more as a sophomore before quarterbacks started looking the other way. The nation's No. 13 safety in the class of 2022 per 247Sports is listed at 6-foot-1, 170 pounds.

Advertisement
Looks like Mom wants to be on OV with him, may push until fall. Doesn’t really hurt us since waiting on safety for Kamari Wilson anyways

Orlando (Fla.) Evans Top247 safety Markeith Williams was planning to take an official visit to Miami over the weekend. That didn't end up happening due to a scheduling conflict.

While there was talk of Williams taking a midweek official visit to UM starting on Monday, a contact at Evans told 247Sports that the family decided to push things back at the last minute so that mom – who wasn't going to be able to spend the next few days in Coral Gables – can accompany her son on the official visit.

That same contact added that the Hurricanes are going to get an official visit from Williams before he makes a commitment as Williams wants to take an official visit to Miami before making a final decision about his future. That means that Williams, who has talked about making a commitment in July, could push his timeline for a deciosn back to the fall months with the NCAA's "quiet period" set to end on June 28.

Williams is scheduled to spend the upcoming weekend at Ohio State on an official visit. He has already taken an official visit to Nebraska and was at UCF two weeks ago for an unofficial visit.

Back in January, Williams named a top three that didn't include the Hurricanes. Manny Diaz's program, however, has found some footing in the recruitment with Ishamel Aristide and Travaris Robinson leading the charge.

"They have brought that swagger back," Williams said last month when asked about Miami's two new assistants. "They just want me to become a better person and not just a better player, so we are working on that."
Aristide actually graduated from Evans before playing at Purdue.
"I met him when he was at Texas A&M, so now that he's at Miami, we are even closer," Williams said.
Williams picked off six passes as a freshman and seven more as a sophomore before quarterbacks started looking the other way. The nation's No. 13 safety in the class of 2022 per 247Sports is listed at 6-foot-1, 170 pounds.
So we would be his only fall OV? If he's not committed and shows up on that OV, I'll feel great. Kind of sucks he's visiting OSU next weekend instead of us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back