Markeith Williams DB 2022 - COMMITS !!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like he was in the Swamp last night for UF vs Tennessee . They didn't mention him as a guest but he was posting pics on live instagram from the field - looked like the recruit section

Looks like he was in the Swamp last night for UF vs Tennessee . They didn't mention him as a guest but he was posting pics on live instagram from the field - looked like the recruit section
here we go batman GIF

Orlando (Fla.) Evans High School safety and Cane commitment Markeith Williams took an official visit to Miami this weekend.

Williams told CaneSport that off the visit “There’s no place like home.”

And CaneSport caught up with his mother, Lounice Brown, who was on the visit with him, for more details.
She says Markeith was wavering after Manny Diaz was fired, with Maryland and Nebraska pushing hard.
But after this visit he’s been shored up.

“Maryland was out for him, he wanted to revisit Nebraska, but that was before he talked to Cristobal,” mom said. “Cristobal texted him at midnight (after taking the job) and changed his mind. They talked the next day and had a conversation. Cristobal told him he’s a good fit with the program.”

Cristobal convinced Markeith to take a visit this weekend, and he came with his parents, aunt and younger brother.
Mom says this weekend was exactly what Markeith and the family needed to see to become Canes.

“They have an exceptional staff, they made me very comfortable,” mom said. “I mean, I had a headache, they found me medicine - everything I needed they did. The coaching staff made me so comfortable, coach Ish (Ishmael Aristide), Mike (Rumphe), T-Rob (Travaris Robinson). Coming in I was skeptical because my son was recruited by Manny (Diaz) and that’s all I knew, I felt like family with Manny. Now a new person comes in, it’s iffy.

“But when I had a conversation with (Diaz) he turned my direction of what I was thinking back to the direction to where I was. It’s The U baby.”

The bottom line off this visit?

Markeith is now shored up to UM and will sign Wednesday with the Canes.

Advertisement
Orlando (Fla.) Evans High School safety and Cane commitment Markeith Williams took an official visit to Miami this weekend.

Williams told CaneSport that off the visit “There’s no place like home.”

And CaneSport caught up with his mother, Lounice Brown, who was on the visit with him, for more details.
She says Markeith was wavering after Manny Diaz was fired, with Maryland and Nebraska pushing hard.
But after this visit he’s been shored up.

“Maryland was out for him, he wanted to revisit Nebraska, but that was before he talked to Cristobal,” mom said. “Cristobal texted him at midnight (after taking the job) and changed his mind. They talked the next day and had a conversation. Cristobal told him he’s a good fit with the program.”

Cristobal convinced Markeith to take a visit this weekend, and he came with his parents, aunt and younger brother.
Mom says this weekend was exactly what Markeith and the family needed to see to become Canes.

“They have an exceptional staff, they made me very comfortable,” mom said. “I mean, I had a headache, they found me medicine - everything I needed they did. The coaching staff made me so comfortable, coach Ish (Ishmael Aristide), Mike (Rumphe), T-Rob (Travaris Robinson). Coming in I was skeptical because my son was recruited by Manny (Diaz) and that’s all I knew, I felt like family with Manny. Now a new person comes in, it’s iffy.

“But when I had a conversation with (Diaz) he turned my direction of what I was thinking back to the direction to where I was. It’s The U baby.”

The bottom line off this visit?

Markeith is now shored up to UM and will sign Wednesday with the Canes.
Moral of the story is always keep some Aleve or Advil on hand.

Last edited:
Advertisement
After his film I thought he definitely looked the part. Takes good angles to the ball carrier, doesn't appear to have false steps, high points the football, great return man in the open field speaks to his pure athleticism...and an underrated quality to me is how his teammates respond to him after making plays, as it was already put out when he committed about his leadership abilities and how he played hurt etc. Also displays ball skills....important to note that in his film there weren't many pass plays w/him in coverage but that's because in his freshman/sophomore years he had 13 total picks, forcing QBs to look elsewhere.

Excited to have him onboard....our numbers might be low on ESD but it appears that most of our kids will be Top 300 players

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back