Mark Whipple

Palm Harbor Cane

Sophomore
Can some of you guys go in to detail of his hiring because if i remember right he was not hired by Randy. I think the administration or the BOT brought him in. And if so will they exercise that same power and force a defensive coordinator on Al?

Advertisement
Can some of you guys go in to detail of his hiring because if i remember right he was not hired by Randy. I think the administration or the BOT brought him in. And if so will they exercise that same power and force a defensive coordinator on Al?

it is too late to make F/A/G turn over the defense. he had that chance in the offseason. he chose to go down in flames with his butt buddy. he is DONE

it is too late to make F/A/G turn over the defense. he had that chance in the offseason. he chose to go down in flames with his butt buddy. he is DONE

This! The change needed to be made after we imploded last season. Now it's cyrstal ******* clear that Al Golden is the problem.

I want his *** gone to but if the power that be won't Fire him because of money than they should force his hand and see if he would quit!!

Advertisement
We don't know what's in Golden's contract. We don't know how much control he has over the coordinators, but I suspect unless they shoot somebody, it's his domain.

We don't know what's in Golden's contract. We don't know how much control he has over the coordinators, but I suspect unless they shoot somebody, it's his domain.

I agree, it's just scary how delusional he and Doritos are that they think the scheme is still solvent.

It doesn't work, It's not going to work, and you need to change things.

Advertisement
I do remember randy said he was scrolling through a list of nfl coordinator names to see who he knew and could ask to be his offensive coordinator.

I do remember randy said he was scrolling through a list of nfl coordinator names to see who he knew and could ask to be his offensive coordinator.

Whipple was not an NFL coordinator. I think there may be no football coach whose reputation is more inflated than Mark Whipple's.

Advertisement
Whipple was hired by Randy. Randy found him on the internet (not even lying...I remember Randy telling the story).

You mean like on Craigslist? That sure worked out wonderfully.
I don't remember the exact details but it was similar to what hurricane04 describe above. Randy was perusing a site of NFL coaches (Whipple was an assistant coach with the Eagles at the time, IIRC) to find potential OC candidates and I guess he recognized Whipple's name.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back