Mark Richt | Post Practice | 3-26-2016

Advertisement
Richt is a masterful recruiter....he is telling kids he needs the fast guys to come play and come play early

Regarding receiver speed....i can accept that the other four guys are either big or quick more so than fast, but isn't Stacy Coley supposed to have enough "blistering speed" to challenge the db's? I wish one of the reporters would have asked coach about that.

Hopefully the young WR's can provide a spark because CB is going to be a slaughterhouse all year long, going to be tough to watch, and if the WR's are having trouble challenging our CB's then there's major issues at that position. Richt says AQM has the talent and the motor, he should have a monster year.

I don't get this doomsday scenario re the DB situation. We about 3 CB's short in terms of numbers, but the ones we have aren't exactly garbage. Artie was the only NFL caliber CB we lost (Bush was a SS). Plus only NC and ND feature quality passing games, FSU who knows? Their passing game sucked last year. M. Jackson and Redwine may prove to be excellent CB's as well. We pretty good at Safety. Numbers low, but don't go building a doomsday shelter just yet.

Hopefully the young WR's can provide a spark because CB is going to be a slaughterhouse all year long, going to be tough to watch, and if the WR's are having trouble challenging our CB's then there's major issues at that position. Richt says AQM has the talent and the motor, he should have a monster year.

I don't get this doomsday scenario re the DB situation. We about 3 CB's short in terms of numbers, but the ones we have aren't exactly garbage. Artie was the only NFL caliber CB we lost (Bush was a SS). Plus only NC and ND feature quality passing games, FSU who knows? Their passing game sucked last year. M. Jackson and Redwine may prove to be excellent CB's as well. We pretty good at Safety. Numbers low, but don't go building a doomsday shelter just yet.

"May prove to be" essentially means both of us have no certain idea but, nonetheless, prediction of the future should be made with sensible arguments. We have literally one returning CB with experience, Corn. Redwine and Jackson "may prove to be" great corners. Possibly, or maybe their development/potential won't be realized in 2016 because they're green as **** and barely have game any experience. Or maybe they'll be further stymied by learning an entirely new defensive system. Or maybe they "may prove to be" awful players, or may just live up to their recruiting ranking, average 3 star players.

I would say given our lack of depth, experience in game and with our new defensive system, and the average recruiting rankings of Jackson, Redwine, and co., I wouldn't plan on having a great or good year. Especially if one of our CB's goes down to injury, then we're really ****ed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back