Mario Cristobal’s Staff Is Hitting The Road To See Several Top Commits

Trinton Breeze
2 min read
The Miami Hurricanes are on their bye week of the 2026-27 college football season. As the players rest up and continue to train to get ready for their next opponent, the coaches have hit the road to see several top commits on the recruiting trail.

-- Hurricanes offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson will be visiting his three committed quarterbacks: Israel Abrams (Montini Catholic), CJ Cypher (Carrollton), and 2028 Knox Annis (Mandarin).

-- Offensive line coach Alex Mirabal will see four-star 2028 commit Kweli Fielder at Carrollton High School. He will also see 6-foot-5, 320-pound four-star commit Jatori Williams play against Smiths Station, and he will check out Gainesville High School to meet up with three-star commit Tyler Ford.

-- Running back coach Favian Upshaw will see his four-star running back commit, Ty Keys, at Poplarville High School. Wide receiver coach Kevin Beard will check up on four-star commit Eli Woodard.

-- Defensive coordinator Corey Hetherman will be flying out to Virginia to see four-star Noah Glover at Battlefield High School and will also see four-star AJ Randle at Garner High School in North Carolina.

-- Defensive line coach Damione Lewis will touch base with 6-foot-2, 265-pound four-star commit Ezekiel Ayanagbile and will make the trip over to Pearland, Texas, to watch three-star commit DeMarco Jenkins play against Alvin High School.

-- Defensive ends coach Jason Taylor will be seeing three-star Jayvon Dawson and five-star Jaiden Bryant.

-- Safeties Coach Will Harris will circle back with five-star Donte Wright at Long Beach, California. While cormerback coach Terry Jefferson will be seeing four-star Ai'King Hall.

-- Senior analyst Juan Navarro Jr. will also be checking out three-star offensive lineman commit Tyler Ford.
 

Comments (18)

this may be it @SCarolina Ibis.

His commit at te is local and had a game on monday so they probably seen him then.

He probably in stealth mode or on the strait of hurmaiz
Yeah you probably right. Makes sense to not go public about it too.

I don't jump on Mario about a lot but this was one of those hires that left me wondering wtf.

Viti lands Dollar I won't question him again though.
 
mind if I ask why?

I thought it was an excellent hire.
Sure. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but yeah. Let me just point out that this is what I thought when Viti was hired. I'm not looking for an argument with the white knights who are going to read this and come out to defend him.

The gist of it is.. Mario was on his 3rd TE coach and the room needed a lot of work. I would have liked it to have been someone with experience coaching and/or recruiting the position. In fairness, Viti wasn't his first choice.

Viti spent his career coaching O-Line and RB/FB for a team that runs the triple option. He's **** good at that. But he had no experience coaching TEs and no experience recruiting at anywhere but Army. Mario shouldn't just be expected to recruit for his position coaches.

He is a GREAT culture fit. No argument there. But I thought we were all in agreement that Mario has flipped the culture. Having Viti on staff made perfect sense to me. Bringing him on to coach TEs just because he's a culture fit did not.

So outta curiousity, what made him an excellent hire?
 
Mario was on his 3rd TE coach and the room needed a lot of work. I would have liked it to have been someone with experience coaching and/or recruiting the position. Viti spent his career coaching O-Line and RB/FB for a team that runs the triple option. He's **** good at that. But he had no experience coaching TEs and no experience recruiting at anywhere but Army. Mario shouldn't just be expected to recruit for his position coaches.
I think you’re undervaluing a coaches ability to adapt. I’m certain wherever he lacks knowledge or experience, he will make up for in work ethic.

He’s probably picked the brains of many accomplished TE coaches, attending clinics, etc. Field has lots of experience & his office is a few doors down the hall.

As for recruiting, I’m sure he will do just fine. He is what we call a “Genron”… a leader of men. But seriously yeah, he might be the most qualified coach on our staff to pull off what Mario is trying to implement.

Worst case scenario our TEs forget how to play ball, we regress & he teaches Mario how to run the triple option.
 
Sure. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but yeah. Let me just point out that this is what I thought when Viti was hired. I'm not looking for an argument with the white knights who are going to read this and come out to defend him.

The gist of it is.. Mario was on his 3rd TE coach and the room needed a lot of work. I would have liked it to have been someone with experience coaching and/or recruiting the position. In fairness, Viti wasn't his first choice.

Viti spent his career coaching O-Line and RB/FB for a team that runs the triple option. He's **** good at that. But he had no experience coaching TEs and no experience recruiting at anywhere but Army. Mario shouldn't just be expected to recruit for his position coaches.

He is a GREAT culture fit. No argument there. But I thought we were all in agreement that Mario has flipped the culture. Having Viti on staff made perfect sense to me. Bringing him on to coach TEs just because he's a culture fit did not.

So outta curiousity, what made him an excellent hire?
No doubt with Dollar and other elite TE recruits we're after,staffs are telling them their future coach here is a former triple option OL coach and their main priority here is as a 6th OLineman putting DEs and LBs on their ***.
 
Back
Top