2024 Marcos Davila 4* QB from Texas (former TCU commit, now Purdue)

Advertisement
Offered today and immediately locked in a visit in March (although not Junior Day). Staff wants to give him individualized attention. This is not the behavior of a hard commit or even someone who is just curious. 2nd QB offer that visited within a few weeks of being offered.

Reminds me of TVD in his highlights. Big arm, looks super comfortable.

Advertisement
Kid probably grew up playing in an offense similar to what we are finally bringing in..

Probably spoke to Cristobal in Bane voice when speaking about our future offense

"Ah, you think air raid is your ally. But you merely adopted it; I was born in it, moulded by it"
When I first read your post I thought you meant McBain from the Simpsons so I read quote like Arnold Schwarzenegger was saying it. Very diffent vibe.

When I first read your post I thought you meant McBain from the Simpsons so I read quote like Arnold Schwarzenegger was saying it. Very diffent vibe.
Even when I was typing it up, I was laughing because movie came out in early '10s and this kid probably never even seen it.. Wouldnt get the reference and would stare blankly and probably go back to staring at tiktok or something

Advertisement
@Memnon what you know about this kid?
West TX gunslinger with a big arm, he’s a true Air Raid style QB. Had a great Junior year with 3,051yds 36TD’s & 12INT’s.

Committed to Garrett Riley, but since he’s no longer there at TCU, he may actually be looking around because he’s not really the type of QB that fits in Briles Offense.

He’s got a lot of Tanner Mordecai to his game as a QB that will sit in the pocket & attack the perimeter of the Defense for the intermediate routes & has enough arm to stretch the field with the Deep ball over the middle.

It’s a very interesting offer because he’s doesn’t really fit the model of the kind of QB that Mario wants, so it shows (at least in some capacity) that Shannon is being given a green-light to make his own evals.

He’s a take all day if he’s interested, just would expect for Oklahoma to jump in on his recruitment as well.

Last edited:
He looks really comfortable and stands “tall” in the pocket. Nice arm strength. l like!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back