Mar 25 at Wake Forest - Game 2 - 4pm ACCNX

Advertisement
Rosario stands between us and a sweep
giphy.gif

Advertisement
In two days of baseball we’ve managed one run and 26 K’s. I fully expect to be mercy ruled again tomorrow. 🤬

Advertisement
Except for Kayfus, our hitters never seem to change their approach, especially w 2 strikes. We strike out so much w runners in scoring position.
I said that a week ago. Actually, for the past few years I've been saying it.

I just don't think the offensive teaching is at an elite level. I wouldn't even call it average because we appear not to have a hitting philosophy, and if we do, a majority of the players don't adhere to it.

There is just a failure of basic fundamentals of putting the ball in play with runners on base. With a runner at 3rd with less than 2 outs, job 1 is to put the ball in play. It's not to take pitches for strikes looking for the HR pitch. Just put the ball in play and runs score. By just working with what the pitcher is giving, they'll get more hits justs trying to put the ball in play. Instead, our guys are too fine getting themselves into 2 strike counts without a swing of the bat. Then they either swing at a really bad pitch or take strike 3 leaving the runner stranded.

We see this time and time again. It is unacceptable at this level of baseball. I was taught these things in high school and if you didn't execute, you didn't play.

Last edited:
Well, no, we weren’t a top team last year. We limped into the postseason.
Ok I guess a top 8 seed isn't considered a top team...I know how they finished the season and how they performed in the postseason but if u are given a top 8 seed that usually means you are considered one of the best teams that year

Advertisement
Ok I guess a top 8 seed isn't considered a top team...I know how they finished the season and how they performed in the postseason but if u are given a top 8 seed that usually means you are considered one of the best teams that year
Yeah, but you have to be able to look deeper into what a team is actually made of. A lot of us here know the team very well year in and year out. We were like 8-10 down the stretch. And we were playing the same bad baseball we played today.

Yeah, but you have to be able to look deeper into what a team is actually made of. A lot of us here know the team very well year in and year out. We were like 8-10 down the stretch. And we were playing the same bad baseball we played today.
Trust me I know. I've been following miami baseball for years. I've watched practically every single game every season for as long as I can remember. I know they were not "truly" a top team last yr. I was just referring to them being considered one as a top 8 seed. The program has been underachieving and doing less with more for years

Advertisement
Well seems like I didn’t miss much last night smh. Have to find a way to win today and come out the week 2-2.

Thankfully we will see their worst conference arm Hartle. Era is 1.86 and teams are hitting like .225 against him. Finally get a break.
I had no idea their staff was this elite. I feel like their park hurts them in post season play but having that type of staff gives them an incredible shot for Omaha and a chance to win the **** thing.

Advertisement
Back