Many of us agreed re: a large portion of hired staff

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
Too many green guys at this point. Jon richt had almost zero experience and yet is co-coaching qbs. Thomas brown has traditionally been a good Rb coach but is extremely young and having a larger role in the play calling for the first time in his career. Hartley has some experience but was gift wrapped two stud tight ends and special teams has been awful. Banda is more known for his cool bartender story than he has been as a secondary coach (his idiocy with the Edwards recruitment proves how green he is) . Rumph, even with playing here and in the nfl has never coached out of high school before.

Advertisement
Searels hasn't done a great job either... Maybe it'll get better with better OL croots (shrugs)

I preferred McClendon over Dugans... But, the biggest mistake Richt made was not hiring an OC.

Diaz & Kool are the two best coaches we got, so that's a good positive, but otherwise, it's going to take a whole new influx of croots in order to get this thing turned around for the future.

Searels hasn't done a great job either... Maybe it'll get better with better OL croots (shrugs)

I preferred McClendon over Dugans... But, the biggest mistake Richt made was not hiring an OC.

Diaz & Kool are the two best coaches we got, so that's a good positive, but otherwise, it's going to take a whole new influx of croots in order to get this thing turned around for the future.

Diaz and kool are all we have at this point. Dugans and brown have been meh. Banda too. I fear we overpaid for richt at the risk of underpaying for a good overall staff.

Coaching wise rumph better than Banda. Our safeties have been pretty bad

Rumph's been decent. Searles has been awful. Jon Richt was an absurd hire from day 1. Jeff Bowden anybody? Brown and the RBs have been mediocre at best, but I'll cut them some slack because of the o line they have to run behind.

Diaz and Kool were great for the first 6 games although I can't say there was a lot to be happy about with them today.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This isn't Bama we can't afford top notch Coaches and Coordinators from top to bottom. Even if we find a very good young coach that we can afford they eventually leave. To win at UM you do it with players not coaches.

Advertisement
We have two horrible safeties

Can anyone name anytime Carter and Jenkins have made any game altering plays

Hah. Carter let a fullback throw a TD pass on him. He has absolutely no instincts whatsoever. Reminds me of a worse Dallas Crawford.

Richt has left himself open for a lot of criticism with hiring his son....fine & dandy if things are going well which they aren't. Kaaya looks like he's regressed & lost his confidence.

Impossible for Banda to turn Carter into anything good. Jenkins is a shell of the playmaker he showed signs of. Banda gets a pass IMO

Advertisement
I just don't see how y'all can blame coaching. Most ppl saw this season coming from a mile away but of course die hard Miami fans thought we were winning 10 games. Y'all kept saying depth will be fine but football always has injuries.

Coaching wise rumph better than Banda. Our safeties have been pretty bad

You think Jenkins & Carter can much better?? Banda & Rump are doing a good job with what they have to work with....

Corn has improved thanks to Rump...

Advertisement
Mark Richt should be crucified for hiring his son as QB coach without a true offensive coordinator.

This is going to be a big problem going forward.

Mark Richt should be crucified for hiring his son as QB coach without a true offensive coordinator.

This is going to be a big problem going forward.

I don't understand why his son is here. He's a grad assistant at best. Hire a real QB coach

Advertisement
Back