Manny on LSU

CANEMC

⭐️⭐️ Extra Premium
“They have a new offensive coordinator, so you’re really trying to get a bead on when he called plays and what they did then,” Diaz said. “Their personnel, they have a grad transfer quarterback from Ohio State. You’re watching Ohio State film, watching old LSU film, trying to watch some last year LSU film. … game openers, season openers are usually a lot more to do with you than them. Making sure you’re sound, your guys can get lined up, can tackle. Special teams are always so important in opening games like this, and obviously turnovers. So you’re making sure you’re ready to go in terms of techniques and fundamentals because there’s no way to predict what your opposition will do.”

Advertisement
Special Teams scares the **** out of me against a team like LSU. We will have a freshman kicker, a punter who has not proven he can punt at this level consistently, and atrocious KR units. Hartley has his hands full this fall. Games like this come down to field position and not making crucial mistakes.

That is great to hear from Manny. It starts with being lined up correctly and then fundamentals kick in. Every week a team is going to throw in a wrinkle or two we have not seen on film. That shouldn't matter. The way we play D, we put the pressure on you, not the other way around.

“They have a new offensive coordinator, so you’re really trying to get a bead on when he called plays and what they did then,” Diaz said. “Their personnel, they have a grad transfer quarterback from Ohio State. You’re watching Ohio State film, watching old LSU film, trying to watch some last year LSU film. … game openers, season openers are usually a lot more to do with you than them. Making sure you’re sound, your guys can get lined up, can tackle. Special teams are always so important in opening games like this, and obviously turnovers. So you’re making sure you’re ready to go in terms of techniques and fundamentals because there’s no way to predict what your opposition will do.”
Manny hit the nail on the head. They need to be fundamental and sound. Sounds like the coaches have a lot of info they have to study to get a read, but they are capable. Make sure your fundamental are in check and you will figure out what they are doing soon enough. We are going to ******* ROLL on these cats! Can I get a Rick Flair "WHHHHOOOOOOAAA"! GO CANES! []_[]
Hey FSU.jpg

Special Teams scares the **** out of me against a team like LSU. We will have a freshman kicker, a punter who has not proven he can punt at this level consistently, and atrocious KR units. Hartley has his hands full this fall. Games like this come down to field position and not making crucial mistakes.

Ironically as the team trended downwards the last 3 games of the year, feagles trended up. Let’s hope he can continue that cuz we need him to.

Advertisement
What is nice for Manny is having a senior safety like Jaquan and a linebackers group that is all upper classmen to make lining up easier. Jaquan and Shaq will make sure everyone is ready on defense. Special teams on the other hand...

Crazy to me how finding a good kicker in south Florida is so ****** hard. All the soccer playing nations represented in SoFla? Those goalies are on point. Gotta be a better way. Here’s hoping Feagles and the Rook get it clicking QUICK!

I think points will be at a premium; w that being said, I’m still scared af at our kicking game!

I think points will be at a premium; w that being said, I’m still scared af at our kicking game!
Definitely concerned with the special team units in general. Need to block better for returns and we have a freshman kicker

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back