Manny Navarro-Wide Right Podcast(SIAP)

ajone228

Recruit
Another cane pod that's a good listen. One thing that stood out in the latest episode is when Manny Navarro asked a guy who's witnessed practices this fall who would lead the team in receptions this year.

The guys answer: Mark Pope.

This jives with what D-Money said on his latest pod about who was popping at the WR position. Think it means something for him to have return duties on top of being a starting WR.

Advertisement
Won’t buy it. CIS said he sucked and was a bust and he is already in Gainesville rooming with Lingard

Advertisement
He’s been a top 3 receiver this fall too but pope has outplayed him this camp apparently. They do play different positions so both still will start

Yeah, I get that but to me, Wiggins should/needs to be the go-to guy. We'll see what happens this season but I just think Wiggins will be the most productive WR.

I used to like Manny's pod but then corona happened. Now 90% of the pod is corona related bull****.

Yeah, I get that but to me, Wiggins should/needs to be the go-to guy. We'll see what happens this season but I just think Wiggins will be the most productive WR.
Size doesn’t determine who should be the “go to guy” in this offense. James proche led the ncaa in receptions the last few years and he wasn’t big at all in the same offense. Not sure who will be the guy but all should be productive

Advertisement
Manny dwells too much and repeats often how poor our recents classes have been in terms of attrition and player development. He comes across too negative and depressing for my liking. His last 2 podcasts have been without Kelvin Harris former Cane center who provided good information and insight. Overall its an ok podcast and it trails considerably behind CIS and Through the Smoke.

Size doesn’t determine who should be the “go to guy” in this offense. James proche led the ncaa in receptions the last few years and he wasn’t big at all in the same offense. Not sure who will be the guy but all should be productive

Never said anything about size..I’m looking at the whole package including showing flashes of what he can be...but yes we need everyone to be productive

Another cane pod that's a good listen. One thing that stood out in the latest episode is when Manny Navarro asked a guy who's witnessed practices this fall who would lead the team in receptions this year.

The guys answer: Mark Pope.

This jives with what D-Money said on his latest pod about who was popping at the WR position. Think it means something for him to have return duties on top of being a starting WR.

Harley has been the best and most consistent wr. Not saying he’ll be the go to guy just stating a fact. Tbh I don’t think we have that guy. If some of the vets don’t make it happen on game day don’t be shock if a couple of the youngsters don’t take their job. I’m intrigued to watch that position group. It could get interesting.

Advertisement
Harley has been the best and most consistent wr. Not saying he’ll be the go to guy just stating a fact. Tbh I don’t think we have that guy. If some of the vets don’t make it happen on game day don’t be shock if a couple of the youngsters don’t take their job. I’m intrigued to watch that position group. It could get interesting.
I hope we don’t have a go to guy. I want guys that get open consistently and I would assume Pope is the best to do so on our roster. I heard most of the young guys big plays are against the 2nd maybe even 3rd team...Are they making noise against the 1st team?

I like Harley too, hope the kid balls out and gets drafted. I just hate that he runs so uncoordinated at times.

Advertisement
Like...the WR position is going to eat this year. You could throw out some legit slop and we'll likely have one of our best passing years we've ever had here.

Say what you will but Wiggins will gain the most respect by defenses. Dude kept getting deep last year with garbage ol and qb play. Big kid with speed you must respect.

I think he is a stud receiver. It’s a bit optimistic but I think he’s just a step away from being a reliable number 1 receiver for us.

Problem is, his biggest weakness is hands. Needs to catch the ball better and that’s not an easy thing to fix for what I understand

Advertisement
Back