Manny isn't talking to fans; he's talking to the administration

CaneDogX

Banned
Banned
It just dawned on me... Manny's audience is not the fans, not his players. If you listen to his spin and his description its clear his audience is simply to the administration. He's beloved by most so when he spins it, they buy it because they don't know football. They'd be happy with 7 - 8 wins a year, no trouble and a good bowl.

When you listen to his radio show or watch his press conference, its obviously not geared or tailored to anyone that knows anything about football. Football fans see what's happening and its clear to all. He knows he has no chance of winning fans over at this point... just represent Miami well and tell the administration how 'close' we are. One breath were plays away from an undefeated season, the other we're in a rebuild. That's administration talk.

Advertisement
Well, that makes sense since they do sign his checks. We're not going to fire him, they will. We can make the administration's life miserable by not giving them money and blowing up their phone/emails so they have to do something. But, Manny doesn't care about message board gurus

Manny doesn't care about fans... man, the stuff he says is insulting to anyone that follows the sport. A few plays from an undefeated season? We just lost to a 1-5 team and we're a few plays from losing to CMU and UVA.

Again, we're not his audience when he speaks. We're beneath him.

Advertisement
He knows he has no chance of winning fans over at this point... just represent Miami well and tell the administration how 'close' we are. One breath were plays away from an undefeated season, the other we're in a rebuild. That's administration talk.

Which is why it's all coach speak and means nothing, yet everyone here hangs on every f**king word, like its gospel.

Dude took over a trash program and is trying to fix it—while not getting much cooperation from his kicker, offensive line, secondary and quarterbacks.

Will say it in every thread until the yahoos get it; 7-6 last year, 7-9 since Pitt loss in 2017, 100-74 since 2005 Peach Bowl, fifth head coach in 14 seasons.

You got Georgia throwing $200,000,000 at their football program over the past year—$27,500,000 (minimum) of which came from 1,100+ new sign-ups to their alum "Magill Society", with a minimum $25K donation .... and Miami has fans threatening to boycott games, wanting coaches fired in October of year one and setting up GoFundMe campaigns to fly a $495 banner as their way of "protesting" Blake James and the athletic department.

Show me the army of Miami alumni willing to write five-figure checks to support this program—opposed to children screaming into the message board ether—and you'll see a university that puts more of a precedent on football.

Money talks. Message board bullsh1t walks.

Which is why it's all coach speak and means nothing, yet everyone here hangs on every f**king word, like its gospel.

Dude took over a trash program and is trying to fix it—while not getting much cooperation from his kicker, offensive line, secondary and quarterbacks.

Will say it in every thread until the yahoos get it; 7-6 last year, 7-9 since Pitt loss in 2017, 100-74 since 2005 Peach Bowl, fifth head coach in 14 seasons.

You got Georgia throwing $200,000,000 at their football program over the past year—$27,500,000 (minimum) of which came from 1,100+ new sign-ups to their alum "Magill Society", with a minimum $25K donation .... and Miami has fans threatening to boycott games, wanting coaches fired in October of year one and setting up GoFundMe campaigns to fly a $495 banner as their way of "protesting" Blake James and the athletic department.

Show me the army of Miami alumni willing to write five-figure checks to support this program—opposed to children screaming into the message board ether—and you'll see a university that puts more of a precedent on football.

this is some harsh reality shi right here. ****.

this is some harsh reality shi right here. ****.
That guy sounds like a defensive family member lol. I’m the kind of guy that gives a mans word merit until he proves me wrong, guess what? Manny has proven to me that his word has zero merit and is a fraud. He will say ANYTHING to make you believe he knows what he’s doing. He’s not a head coach, should’ve never been hired here for the head gig.

Advertisement

I agree with most of what you said but at the same time we don’t have a coach with pedigree that has history on his side. Chip Kelly has a resume and can instill confidence knowing what he’s capable of doing or Mack brown for that matter. These guys have credibility and experience. Manny acts and speaks as if he has some sort of impressive background and everything is under control.

the process in which he was hired screams amateur hour for this administration demonstrating how little they care.

it’s a total disaster having an administration and head coach like this. It really is the perfect storm while the game continues to leave us behind.

because of the factors you mentioned, I fear we will always be a low to mid ACC team.

Shanny doing whatever it takes to save his job in week7!!! We r so bleeped we could not catch a bus back to bleeped.

Yawn. We’ve recruited better than the Coastal. Wake Forest. And Wisky. LOL at all the excuses coming after a loss to a 1-5 team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back