Manny in Panhandle

Advertisement
It sure has changed some from the days Iived there ('87-'99)...Still consider the place most like "home" to me.
Moved to Destin in 1988....left, but came back in 92 until 2001...bought a home off of Greenacres rd. (Pine Meadows) in 93.....

Moved to Destin in 1988....left, but came back in 92 until 2001...bought a home off of Greenacres rd. (Pine Meadows) in 93.....

From Okaloosa Island to close to Fort Wuerfell Beach High School (Chaplain Wuerffel was alright, couldn't help his son's decision) to Bluewater Bay, it was alot of fun when you weren't TDY. Back in the day, they had some Flori-Bama Spirit store in the Santa Rosa Mall. I would go in and ask successive sales clerks if they thought Miami was not in the state of Florida as they had no 'Canes gear. After they mumbled some excuse, I would loudly proclaim (so the whole store's customers could hear), "Oh, National Championship gear not sold here?" Enjoyable until Torretta thought to throw to guys with numbers on their helmets in '93.

From Okaloosa Island to close to Fort Wuerfell Beach High School (Chaplain Wuerffel was alright, couldn't help his son's decision) to Bluewater Bay, it was alot of fun when you weren't TDY. Back in the day, they had some Flori-Bama Spirit store in the Santa Rosa Mall. I would go in and ask successive sales clerks if they thought Miami was not in the state of Florida as they had no 'Canes gear. After they mumbled some excuse, I would loudly proclaim (so the whole store's customers could hear), "Oh, National Championship gear not sold here?" Enjoyable until Torretta thought to throw to guys with numbers on their helmets in '93.
I knew the Wuerffels...Great family....Watched Danny win a State Championship with a friends Son as his teammate...Dannys #1 WR at FWB was EG Green...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back