Manny Diaz !!!

The bulk of the experienced talent is on defense. LSU led by a new OC with a second string QB, mediocre OL (with backups), and no proven talent at RB and WR should have been completely shut down by a good qualify DC.
This. Plus LSU went into clock burn mode in the second half.

No excuses. This was a terrible performance by the defense all things considered.

Advertisement
I mean, they converted 3 of 16 3rd downs (and 1 of 1 4th downs), but there were a couple of blitz calls on 3rd and 10 that were seriously questionable. One of them left Shaq chasing a slot to the sideline only to find himself backtracking to the middle of the field on QB scramble.

Really shaky ****, but we actually have worse problems. Like, way, way scary worse.

Like What??? Play calling, O Line, a QB that is sooooooooo terrible.

Outside of the big run (knowles again) and a couple pass plays the defense held up. I like some of the things Diaz does and some others I don’t. Offense and special teams killed us in the first half. The only real gripe I had was with the stupid penalties

Advertisement
diaz gets too much of a pass because of the offense. at 3-3 the d had a 3 and out and the offense put together a long drive (missed the field goal) but seemed to swing momentum toward us. next series looked to be another 3 and out and dip**** diaz calls a completed unneeded blitz and gets burned. lsu held the momentum the rest of the game. any 2nd half stats are because orgeron is a chump and they played it safe. and they still converted 3 and long a few times to eliminate any momentum shift. **** diaz. and he still had the db covering the slot receiver playing 10-15 yards away.

We always give WR's such a large cushion. Most infuriating **** ever

I thought Diaz did a good job his first year. Last year was below average with QBs having great games. I’m not sold on him anymore. He complicates things with his formations, forced undisguised blitzes , and too much substitutions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back