Off-Topic Man, poor Haiti is simply cursed

Advertisement
My wife is in the DR right now and said they they felt it there in Santiago. Anyone in Puerto Rico? I wonder if it was felt there as well or does the ocean do something to buffer it? I know it can cause tsunamis.

For anyone interested.

Have visited Haiti on numerous occasions and have made numerous friends. They have kept me informed on many of their catastrophes. I have gone there several times to assist with rebuilding and developmental projects. In the meantime Ive learned about their unique history

Anyone that knows this extraordinary not well known history of Haiti, how they won their freedom from slavery defeating the French and later the British both of whom were intent on reintroducing slavery. Both of whom severely underestimated the former slaves.
Haiti surprised both of them with unyielding resolve and fortitude and building state of the art for that time defense fortifications. Tropical diseases helped but both sides faced this problem.

How the United States isolated and refused any contact with Haiti before the Civil War for fear that knowledge of a successful slave revolution would incite slaves in the South. Continuing later to treat them as pariahs into the 20th century.

How Haiti who at the time was the one of richest countries in the new world helped to finance Simon Bolivar revolution with the promise that he would eliminate slavery in South America only to have him refuse repayment and his promise to eliminate slavery.

How Haiti in its effort to join the world community of nations agreed to pay reparations to France for their losses during the Haitian Revolution to end slavery payments continuing into the late 20th century
( UN****INGBELIEVABLE) that they paid and that France despite its wealth continued to expect and accept it during Haiti's decline into one of the world's poorest nations.

YES without any doubt Haiti has suffered extensively from natural disasters and continues to do so. Just saying the world community hasn't treated them well either...and Haiti haven't helped themselves by having a series of greedy self serving dictators who all have only been interested in increasing their wealth with very little regard for the populace.

Haitians who have immigrated to the US have as a whole done well with many reaching the highest levels of their endeavors. So it's not all on the people.

There are many factors that have put Haiti in its current position and I look forward to a time when luck and good fortune returns to them

Advertisement
If you've been to Haiti, you know that natural disasters and foreign interference are numbers 46 and 57 on the list of their problems.

The reparations to France were bad, though.

Well, they have now had a presidential assassination and they are the only illegal immigrants at the southern border that are actually being denied entry and being deported. Poor country is cursed.

Well, they have now had a presidential assassination and they are the only illegal immigrants at the southern border that are actually being denied entry and being deported. Poor country is cursed.

Watched an interview with a Cuban migrant under the bridge with the Haitian group. After the interview the anchor said he was processed and dropped off at a place near by. Meanwhile, the Haitians….

But none of that will be noticed, only that part where horse reins can be confused for whips.

Advertisement
For anyone interested.

Have visited Haiti on numerous occasions and have made numerous friends. They have kept me informed on many of their catastrophes. I have gone there several times to assist with rebuilding and developmental projects. In the meantime Ive learned about their unique history

Anyone that knows this extraordinary not well known history of Haiti, how they won their freedom from slavery defeating the French and later the British both of whom were intent on reintroducing slavery. Both of whom severely underestimated the former slaves.
Haiti surprised both of them with unyielding resolve and fortitude and building state of the art for that time defense fortifications. Tropical diseases helped but both sides faced this problem.

How the United States isolated and refused any contact with Haiti before the Civil War for fear that knowledge of a successful slave revolution would incite slaves in the South. Continuing later to treat them as pariahs into the 20th century.

How Haiti who at the time was the one of richest countries in the new world helped to finance Simon Bolivar revolution with the promise that he would eliminate slavery in South America only to have him refuse repayment and his promise to eliminate slavery.

How Haiti in its effort to join the world community of nations agreed to pay reparations to France for their losses during the Haitian Revolution to end slavery payments continuing into the late 20th century
( UN****INGBELIEVABLE) that they paid and that France despite its wealth continued to expect and accept it during Haiti's decline into one of the world's poorest nations.

YES without any doubt Haiti has suffered extensively from natural disasters and continues to do so. Just saying the world community hasn't treated them well either...and Haiti haven't helped themselves by having a series of greedy self serving dictators who all have only been interested in increasing their wealth with very little regard for the populace.

Haitians who have immigrated to the US have as a whole done well with many reaching the highest levels of their endeavors. So it's not all on the people.

There are many factors that have put Haiti in its current position and I look forward to a time when luck and good fortune returns to them

Thank you for posting this. More people need to know how majority of the world has treated Haiti. There's no curse, I know people probably don't mean any harm by saying it tho, just uninformed like most. Appreciate it. Free Haiti.

Advertisement
Back