Transfer C Lynn Kidd signs with Miami

View as article
Would love to hear some expertise or opinion on the mix of 3's with offensive rebounding (where we are severely deficient.) I see the usual guys (and too often Benz) taking 3's from the corners and elsewhere, and while 35% success might be ok (is it?) we almost never try for rebounds on those. Guys are off to the races to get back (often with too long a pause to admire the shot with a hopeful view.)

OTOH when Omier takes a 3, usually near the top of the key, we tend to have several guys near the basket (or in the corners) that can get in position for a rebound, on a miss. If we got 40% of (Omier's missing) <second chances> I wouldn't mind him shooting just 30%. Coach L's "get back plan" doesn't seem to consistently accommodate the different shooters and approaches... and has always confounded me some... makes me wonder if it taxes he players mentally so he just says "get back quick thats all folks" rather than something more "elegant".

Advertisement
Would love to hear some expertise or opinion on the mix of 3's with offensive rebounding (where we are severely deficient.) I see the usual guys (and too often Benz) taking 3's from the corners and elsewhere, and while 35% success might be ok (is it?) we almost never try for rebounds on those. Guys are off to the races to get back (often with too long a pause to admire the shot with a hopeful view.)

OTOH when Omier takes a 3, usually near the top of the key, we tend to have several guys near the basket (or in the corners) that can get in position for a rebound, on a miss. If we got 40% of (Omier's missing) <second chances> I wouldn't mind him shooting just 30%. Coach L's "get back plan" doesn't seem to consistently accommodate the different shooters and approaches... and has always confounded me some... makes me wonder if it taxes he players mentally so he just says "get back quick thats all folks" rather than something more "elegant".
Think he does that because we aren’t a big team or great offensive rebounding team so crashing for Oboards would be leaning into something that isn’t a strength got us either way and then takeaway from our fast break defense, and that could leak into problems for our half court defense because we aren’t set.

He was effective in small lineups as a 5. That is my entire point that everyone seems to think won’t matter. With Kidd at the 5 and Omier at the 4, the entire geometry of the defense changes. There will be more defenders in the paint. Omier won’t be going 1 on 1 in the paint, there will be help coming from Kidd’s man who is already in the lane and doesn’t have to stick anyone outside of it.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re making a bad faith argument. But half this board was clamoring for more Omier/Nwoko lineups all year despite them being terrible, and the reason for that was there was no. spacing.
I agree. Offense might be hard to watch if he’s at the 4. But I guess we gotta give and take. Need some sort of size

Oh and Isaiah Wong says hello to your player development jab

Congratulations. You can name 1 player that you claim was developed at Miami.
You are claiming development for a 4 star guy who was a top 50 recruit in his class.
Well Done.
Now let's talk about the last 3 recruiting class and how many of those kids are still on the roster.

You are claiming development for a 4 star guy who was a top 50 recruit in his class.
Well Done.
Now let's talk about the last 3 recruiting class and how many of those kids are still on the roster.
What's pathetic and sad is that you are so up your own a$$ with your agenda that you can't even approach this objectively. You disparage the staff for prioritizing and developing transfers like Jordan, Norchad and Pack but then diminish the development of guys like Wong and Wooga, the latter of whom was barely playable as a true freshman, because they were 4 star prospects?

I mean, we might as well be a program like Virginia Tech that only recruits 3 star prospects, develops them, doesn't make the tourney and then becomes a feeder to more successful programs. I have zero idea what type of approach you'd prefer the staff take because you have to recruit high-level prospects and build your roster with veteran transfers.

UConn's best player this season transferred from East Carolina. The rest of their starting 5 are a mix of blue chip prospects and transfers.
Alabama added something like 9 new players like offseason
Same with NC State

Again, what the heck are we even talking about?

Advertisement
Well Done.
Also, we have a kid about to get drafted in a few months that was essentially an unranked prospect. Was that luck too?

How about this...I'm so overly positive that I want you to kindly copulate yourself with the largest wooden phallic prosthesis that can be found, perpetually. I wish that for you in perpetuity with all positivity!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Adam Sandler Reaction GIF

If you can't handle someone being critical as a fan within reason on a message board then you sir/madam are the one with issues. I see you snitch reacting and then sniping with comments like this...that's freaking juvenile.
Fans like you are the reason so many fans can't stand the forums, but some of us will call you out. Juvenile, when your pos mouth tells someone to stick something up their a@#? Smdh, this post makes you look like sad excuse for a human being much less a fan.

Last edited:
Fans like you are the reason so many fans can't stand the forums, but some of us will call you out. Juvenile, when your pos mouth tells someone to stick something up their a@#? Smdh, this post makes you look like sad excuse for a human being much less a fan.
But but but...at least I did it in a positive fanboy sunshiny way??? Isn't that what YOU'RE all about? I'm just trying to give you a dose of your own medicine. Looks like you didn't like it. You're like the person who says "with all due respect" and then says some disrespectful, disingenuous, bad faith BS.

Be an adult and have grown up conversations instead of jumping down people's throats for not being rah-rah sunshine pumpers all the time like you, and maybe you'd earn some respect. You have none from me...and it's not just here but on the Baseball board as well...I've seen you in action with your blind stupidity. That's why you got spoken to in that manner. Notice most of my other posts towards others here are pretty respectful even if I do have disagreements. Ask yourself why that is instead of attacking me. Maybe examine yourself and be introspective for a half a second and see if some of the ways you talk to people on here with a differing opinion might need some tweaking.

Otherwise, definitely take my advice on copulating yourself with a large wooden phallic object.

But but but...at least I did it in a positive fanboy sunshiny way??? Isn't that what YOU'RE all about? I'm just trying to give you a dose of your own medicine. Looks like you didn't like it. You're like the person who says "with all due respect" and then says some disrespectful, disingenuous, bad faith BS.

Be an adult and have grown up conversations instead of jumping down people's throats for not being rah-rah sunshine pumpers all the time like you, and maybe you'd earn some respect. You have none from me...and it's not just here but on the Baseball board as well...I've seen you in action with your blind stupidity. That's why you got spoken to in that manner. Notice most of my other posts towards others here are pretty respectful even if I do have disagreements. Ask yourself why that is instead of attacking me. Maybe examine yourself and be introspective for a half a second and see if some of the ways you talk to people on here with a differing opinion might need some tweaking.

Otherwise, definitely take my advice on copulating yourself with a large wooden phallic object.
I do not need life lessons from a hypocrite like you. And you think you have earned any respect with this behavior? Mirror time.Bye.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back