Lykes

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Dude single handidly brought us back to put in position to win. Kid literally willed this team to a win, a game we didn't deserve. Big ups to LP for hitting the clutch J but we were dead in the water before Lykes said" I got dis".

He did it defensively , scoring , clutch ft and passing.

Hioegylly L gets his head out of his *** and starts him from now on. He's the engine of we're going to make a run in the dance.

Advertisement
It’s clear the only two facilitators with Bruce brown out on the team is Lykes and Walker due to their feel of the game. Newton just burns up clock, take dumb shots or loses the ball

I still think he is in the coach doghouse. It is what it is coach. We win or lose with CL I am fine with it

its been clear to day as me a casual watcher that he is a better player than Newton. But they (coaches) do whatever it is to ensure Newton gets more burn.

Advertisement
its been clear to day as me a casual watcher that he is a better player than Newton. But they (coaches) do whatever it is to ensure Newton gets more burn.

Newtons defense is the only thing saving him at this point. The coaches love his d. If he plays like today I'm cool with him, break the d down and pass , only take a few shots.

When he gets even a little aggressive you're f'd. Him and Lykes together seem to play ok

Newtons defense is the only thing saving him at this point. The coaches love his d. If he plays like today I'm cool with him, break the d down and pass , only take a few shots.

When he gets even a little aggressive you're f'd. Him and Lykes together seem to play ok

The guards raped him on BC. The only defensive spark was Lykes.

No idea why Newton plays. I'd rather ride and die with the freshman, it isn't even close.
The guards raped him on BC. The only defensive spark was Lykes.

In his defense ( only time I'll ever defend him) bc's guards rape everyone . His defense on the nd kid was great other night, which that's why he started.

But I've been on the Lykes starting wagon for awhile.

In his defense ( only time I'll ever defend him) bc's guards rape everyone . His defense on the nd kid was great other night, which that's why he started.

Farrell?

It wasn’t great. The kid scored one less point than he normally averages and he allowed that basket with 1:10 left to play with that lazy/low effort D after the pick.

I am done with him and it is pathetic that he can’t hit FTs.

Advertisement
Farrell?

It wasn’t great. The kid scored one less point than he normally averages and he allowed that basket with 1:10 left to play with that lazy/low effort D after the pick.

I am done with him and it is pathetic that he can’t hit FTs.

Pretty sure most of his points wasn't in Newton , but regardless I've defended him 1 more time than I ever should.

I've been griping about Newton for a few years now . He never had much competition until now , he's had free reign of retarded basketball

Pretty sure most of his points wasn't in Newton , but regardless I've defended him 1 more time than I ever should.

I've been griping about Newton for a few years now . He never had much competition until now , he's had free reign of retarded basketball

14 out of 16. It is on the shot chart on ESPN. Keep in mind, he hit 2 FTs (which don’t count but make up the other 2 points).

I hate Newton and the fact that he hasn’t improved, is just as selfish and is shooting his worst FT% (as a senior) is pathetic.

"Hate" is a little too strong, don't you think? For the greatest HS scorer in Philly's storied basketball history, he has been a huge disappointment. That's the word I would use.

I remember watching him in a HS game against a Jersey team as a Senior and thought to myself, "He can score but he can't shoot a lick." If I were a HC, as a matter of principle, I would NEVER in this day and age, recruit a perimeter player who can't shoot.

Advertisement
"Hate" is a little too strong, don't you think? For the greatest HS scorer in Philly's storied basketball history, he has been a huge disappointment. That's the word I would use.

I remember watching him in a HS game against a Jersey team as a Senior and thought to myself, "He can score but he can't shoot a lick." If I were a HC, as a matter of principle, I would NEVER in this day and age, recruit a perimeter player who can't shoot.

Let’s just say I wish he transferred and we got to keep Palmer or Burnett or Lecomte.

Newton played very well vs ND. Anyone without an agenda would say that. Today he didnt play that well and wasnt in there down the stretch.

Advertisement
Everybody understands Newton's limitations and short comings at this point. No reason for a Lykes thread to degenerate into yet another Newton bashing thread.

Let’s just say I wish he transferred and we got to keep Palmer or Burnett or Lecomte.
Well, I agree on two of your three. Burnett is still a streaky, undisciplined player who when you look at FGA vs. points, the numbers don't look so good. He's a 39% shooter from the floor (vs 44% for Newton so, if you don't like Newton's offense, you wouldn't like DeAndre's). Switching out Newton when we have the ball for Lykes, and vice versa, when you can do it, is pretty sound strategy IMO.

BC's guards were hitting contested shots all night, they are just two **** good players playing on a garbage team. The fact that BC isn't in position for a tournament bid should be proof enough that J. Christian should be fired. How do you have two of the top 15 guards in the conference on your team, and you can't win 8-10 conference games?

Well, I agree on two of your three. Burnett is still a streaky, undisciplined player who when you look at FGA vs. points, the numbers don't look so good. He's a 39% shooter from the floor (vs 44% for Newton so, if you don't like Newton's offense, you wouldn't like DeAndre's). Switching out Newton when we have the ball for Lykes, and vice versa, when you can do it, is pretty sound strategy IMO.

Burnett is a volume scorer that can't shoot worth a crap, and doesn't have any interest in defending anyone. There's a reason why L wasn't crying when he decided to transfer. Palmer and Manu on the other hand, L wasn't happy about losing, due to what they brought to the table.

Advertisement
Back