Lonnie Walker highlights vs Nets - 25pts, 3 rebounds, 4 assists

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looking like MJ this 4th quarter
michael jordan mj GIF

Advertisement
It’s a shame my Spurs are so bad, but Lonnie is a bright spot on the team.
**** that is a shame. The Spurs went on a hellova run spanning 2 decades. They might not have went to the finals every year but they were always solid and definitely always had a chance. I miss Timmy D, The “Admiral” (David Robinson), Robert Horry, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson. Antonio Daniels, and even the 2 white guys Steve Kerr and Will Purdue. Then who could ever forget the newer Spurs teams that won championships. They had a lot of superstars as well. Of course a more mature and refined Timmy D, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Kawhi Leonard, Borris Diaw, Patty Mills, and Danny Green (who I hated).

**** I didn’t realize how much I knew about the Spurs. I must be a closet fan. I really liked Timmy D when he was at Wake Forest so I always followed his career. I will forever be grateful to the Spurs for blowing the lead in the Finals to my Heat who eventually won. That had me extremely excited.

I remember I was stationed in Germany and that game that Ray Allen hit the 3 at the buzzer was on TV. We were supposed to be doing training early asf in the morning but our battalion Commander was a huge Spurs fan so he gathered us all in the company area where we had a TV that had AFN.

It was so great because when we got there San Antonio was up and it wasn’t looking great for us. My Commander was talking trash to me because he knew how big of any south Florida sports team I was. Born in Hollywood and raised in Pembroke Pines, Davie, and Weston. Anyways he kept talking **** and I was like it’s not over yet Sir, there’s still time on the clock. He became speechless after the game was wrapped up and immediately went into Army leader mode. Got with the 1SG and gave him guidance for us. Then our platoon sergeants got with our 1SG to get our assignment. When that meeting broke up it was nothing but screaming and chaos and unlimited tasks for us to do before we could pop smoke and go home. I don’t think we got out of there until after midnight.

Funny thing is our Commander never spoke to me again. Even if I greeted him with the unit motto he would just ignore me 😂🤣😂

Advertisement
**** that is a shame. The Spurs went on a hellova run spanning 2 decades. They might not have went to the finals every year but they were always solid and definitely always had a chance. I miss Timmy D, The “Admiral” (David Robinson), Robert Horry, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson. Antonio Daniels, and even the 2 white guys Steve Kerr and Will Purdue. Then who could ever forget the newer Spurs teams that won championships. They had a lot of superstars as well. Of course a more mature and refined Timmy D, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobli, Kawhi Leonard, Borris Diaw, Patty Mills, and Danny Green (who I hated).

**** I didn’t realize how much I knew about the Spurs. I must be a closet fan. I really liked Timmy D when he was at Wake Forest so I always followed his career. I will forever be grateful to the Spurs for blowing the lead in the Finals to my Heat who eventually won. That had me extremely excited.

I remember I was stationed in Germany and that game that Ray Allen hit the 3 at the buzzer was on TV. We were supposed to be doing training early asf in the morning but our battalion Commander was a huge Spurs fan so he gathered us all in the company area where we had a TV that had AFN.

It was so great because when we got there San Antonio was up and it wasn’t looking great for us. My Commander was talking trash to me because he knew how big of any south Florida sports team I was. Born in Hollywood and raised in Pembroke Pines, Davie, and Weston. Anyways he kept talking **** and I was like it’s not over yet Sir, there’s still time on the clock. He became speechless after the game was wrapped up and immediately went into Army leader mode. Got with the 1SG and gave him guidance for us. Then our platoon sergeants got with our 1SG to get our assignment. When that meeting broke up it was nothing but screaming and chaos and unlimited tasks for us to do before we could pop smoke and go home. I don’t think we got out of there until after midnight.

Funny thing is our Commander never spoke to me again. Even if I greeted him with the unit motto he would just ignore me 😂🤣😂
That’s a wild story, lol. I’m thrilled for Lonnie, I hate what the spurs have become. It seems like whatever happened with Kawhi killed Pop, he’s a grump who doesn’t care about winning and the org is content to let the legend do what he wants.

But I’m thrilled for Lonnie.

That’s a wild story, lol. I’m thrilled for Lonnie, I hate what the spurs have become. It seems like whatever happened with Kawhi killed Pop, he’s a grump who doesn’t care about winning and the org is content to let the legend do what he wants.

But I’m thrilled for Lonnie.
It’s not pop. It’s the talent. They’ve been in rebuild mode since the Kawhi ****

Advertisement
Back