Lofton doesn’t play TE, he plays football (video)

Advertisement
He’s Kyle J. crossed with Deebo Samuel of the 49ers.

*Kyle: great blocker, catches short and intermediate passes
*Deebo: can go deep, explosive YAC, can be used as a running back, a scoring machine.

P.S. thanks for the obscure reference to Dominque Byrd of USC. My two sons played football in Minneapolis with Dom from the 7th-12th grade. Incredible athlete. Dunked the ball in 8th grade while wearing street shoes..leather. Was more highly rated in high school than his cross town friend, Larry Fitzgerald.

Sadly, Dom left USC for the NFL but never showed the incredible drive and discipline of Fitzgerald. Too bad. He’s a great kid but did not earn the honors and $ promised by his overwhelming talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s Kyle J. crossed with Deebo Samuel of the 49ers.

*Kyle: great blocker, catches short and intermediate passes
*Deebo: can go deep, explosive YAC, can be used as a running back, a scoring machine.

P.S. thanks for the obscure reference to Dominque Byrd of USC. My two sons played football in Minneapolis with Dom from the 7th-12th grade. Incredible athlete. Dunked the ball in 8th grade while wearing street shoes..leather. Was more highly rated in high school than his cross town friend, Larry Fitzgerald.

Sadly, Dom left USC for the NFL but never showed the incredible drive and discipline of Fitzgerald. Too bad. He’s a great kid but did not earn the honors and $ promised by his overwhelming talent.
Really like this comparison

If Shannon doesn’t have him at Hback/TE/Slot motioning him around the field…. Then we can start to talk about him being totally inept as a playcaller.

His body just needs to hold up and from what the word is… he is that dude already in the weight room.

I would not be surprised if he actually sees as many touches/targets as Arroyo.

With the expectation at least double amount of targets for TEs in general.

Two points in that video. Obviously circus catch but 1. He runs that route with WR fluidity in the hips. 2. That was obviously a walk- on DB covering him. So it’s not easy to figure how much we actually discern from this.

If Shannon doesn’t have him at Hback/TE/Slot motioning him around the field…. Then we can start to talk about him being totally inept as a playcaller.

His body just needs to hold up and from what the word is… he is that dude already in the weight room.

I would not be surprised if he actually sees as many touches/targets as Arroyo.

With the expectation at least double amount of targets for TEs in general.

Two points in that video. Obviously circus catch but 1. He runs that route with WR fluidity in the hips. 2. That was obviously a walk- on DB covering him. So it’s not easy to figure how much we actually discern from this.
He was being covered by Kaleb Spencer. Not a walk on DB.

Advertisement
Back