List of Recruits by Importance

Cook and Jackson might be the two most explosive players in the state from what I have seen. Hard to pass those up as top priorities.

We would also be beating FSU/UF for 2 more Miami kids that seemed unlikely to stay home... Big deal for AG.

Advertisement
With the guys remaining on the table: D. Cook, J.C. Jackson, J. Dixon, Claude Pelon, Cory Johnson, Kiy Hester and others. In what order do you guys think they are needed by importance and necessity?

1. Cook
2. Pelon or Johnson
3. JC Jackson
4. Dixon
5. Hester

in that order imo.

For true-and-blue immediate roster needs:

* Cory Johnson
* Claude Pelon
* Kiy Hester
* Dalvin Cook
* J.C. Jackson
* J. Dixon

For "actual" priority, which I suggest takes into consideration roster need, raw talent, longer term program goals, and influence over other/future recruits:

* Dalvin Cook
* Cory Johnson
* JC Jackson
* J. Dixon
* Claude Pelon
* Kiy Hester

And right now, I'm kinda feeling good about all of them except Pelon. And it pains me to admit that, because I'm not trying to get kicked in the nuts again.

Advertisement
Cook will probably be a game changer and play as a Fr. However, D is still a big weakness on this team so I go with the defensive guys.

Cook..............and johnson,i dont kno if im exaggerating but cj is a defense changer imo. Also dc is a program changer besides gibson in 15

My theory is always taking the best available athlete. My vote goes to Cook. He may be the best safety of the bunch too if that is what he chooses to play, kind of like Sean Taylor in HS.

1. Cook
Great athlete. Will provide speed and explosiveness at RB. Duke and Yearby are great running backs but neither has the speed and power that Cook brings. He reminds me of a McGahee with his combination of speed and power. He can also play special teams and potentially safety if the need arises.

2. JC Jackson
Great athlete. Can’t have too many of these. Versatile athletes with elite speed are always good to have on your team. He can provide much needed depth in the secondary right away and be groomed to take over alongside Burns once Tracy, Gunter, and Crawford all leave within the next 2 years.

3. Johnson
Need immediate help at DT since we are losing 3 of our top 4 DTs from this year we need guys to step up right away next year. Hoping that Moore, King, or Hamilton steps up next year as Juniors along with Pierre. Also think Kamalu could contribute here as well with a few more pounds. Chick may be able to slide over as well to help if he continues to put on weight and gain strength. Wyche should be able to provide some depth along with Valentine and Moten.

4. Pelon
He is listed at 6’4 275. We need bigger DTs and are good at DE with lots of talent. We lose 3 DTs (Porter, Robinson, Renfrow) and 3 DEs (Green, Gilbert, Cain) this year so we definitely need more guys to replace them. I think Kamalu will step up big time next year either at DT or DE. AQM and McCord should be solid at DE along with Chick and the new guys coming in. I think Thomas should be able to contribute right away much like AQM did this year. Hamilton and Hoilett are a couple of other guys that can provide depth at DE as well.

5. Hester
S is a need but not sure if he can help right away, much like Carter this year. We lose Rogers and Highsmith but a healthy Bush will make up for a lot of that loss. Also Jenkins is coming along well and I think Carter will play a much bigger role next year. Kind of reminds me of our CB position last year when we lost McGee and Finnie, then Howard, Crawford, Gunter, Burns all stepped up. He would be great for the future and depth as we have only 3 Safeties on scholarship after this season, but there are a few other guys that can slide over to provide depth for next year (Gunter, D. Crawford, Lewis).

6. Dixion
A solid athlete that we seem to be recruiting only as a WR. WR is solid, we only lose Hurns with Dorsett, Coley, Walters coming back. We also get Scott and Lewis back from injuries. That alone will be a solid WR corps but we still have Berrios and Langham coming in. Would love to have him for the future as we will lose Dorsett and Scott after next season and most likely Walters and Cooley the following year.

Advertisement
I'd say Cook, Pelon, Hester, Johnson, J.C., Dixon. The only guy on this list that is replaceable on our team is Dixon IMO. He is a fast kid but he doesn't do well with breaking tackles or shaking kids.

1. Cook
Duke and Yearby are great running backs but neither has the speed and power that Cook brings

Really? Crowning him as faster and stronger than Duke already?

/facepalm

Not crowning anyone, just going off of what I read. However I did go back to results from the "Opening" and you are right, Duke did actually posted a better time of 4.41 vs. Cook's 4.46.

Advertisement
1. Cook
Duke and Yearby are great running backs but neither has the speed and power that Cook brings

/facepalm

Not crowning anyone, just going off of what I read. However I did go back to results from the "Opening" and you are right, Duke did actually posted a better time of 4.41 vs. Cook's 4.46.

I'm not saying he won't be better than Duke at some point, but I won't say that before he has 1 carry in major CFB

1. Cook

/facepalm

I'm not saying he won't be better than Duke at some point, but I won't say that before he has 1 carry in major CFB

I actually don't think he will put up better numbers than Duke (that is pretty hard to do) but I do like him because he brings a different type of style than Duke, Crawford, Yearby, Powell, and Gus.

Advertisement
Back