Link City: Florida State Gameday - Week 3

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
The 2020 installment of the rivalry between Miami and FSU is set for primetime at Hard Rock. ESPN will be there all day for College Gameday, bringing all the razzmatazz that comes with them for it. That makes 2 weeks in a row for us, so it's safe to say the national media is in love with us right now. We've got an exciting offense, a Heisman contender at quarterback, a stable of stud running backs, two dynamic tight ends, the same opportunistic defense we've come to expect since 2016, and they especially love our new kicker Jose Borregales. How can you not? He makes kicking field goals look as easy as trophy hunting on Madden.

It feels really weird being good on both sides of the ball again, and weirder seeing everyone confidently picking us to win against FSU. Normally I'd be playing the role of Winston Wolfe in this situation trying to exercise caution. We really don't ever blow these guys out. We have just 2 double digit wins over them since 1988 (2001 & 2019). Then I remembered that FSU is really bad, probably worse than last year. Miami players are pretty confident, and for good reason; FSU isn't just bad, they're trash. They are particularly bad in the trenches on both sides of the ball. As great as Marvin Wilson allegedly is, their defensive line overall ain't that much better than their pathetic offensive line that gave up 9 sacks to us last year.

A lot has also been made this week about the feast or famine nature of UM's offense. Advanced stats people apparently think we can't keep up our current pace because their formulas say so. These same people said we were actually a really good team last year, just unlucky. Whatever. Just kick this one off so we can dispatch with these jokes already.

YqABQ5qCx58uUC1_ubbJjC-45tDn3cWUL5l6jIJwmhmYY30adq5E9JiOQ6drtlVPuNAHww=s0-d-e1-ft

Where: The Rock

Who: Florida State Human Beings (0-1) vs. #12 Miami Hurricanes (2-0)

When: 7:30 pm/et

How:
abc.png

Last time they met: November 2, 2019

There was also this gem during the post game festivities:

LOL at Frierson mocking Dent, right to his face, it reminded me of this. However, unlike Dent, the cartoon bikers actually did something about it. Anyway, that moment led to this kerfuffle:

1572753443371.jpg

76B47A59-AC63-4147-8203-0728F72FFC61.jpg

Das it mane (DVD is a fool).

What people said as we basked in our victory:

From Liberty City El's recap thread:

Liberty City El said:
The Defense played spectacular football, aside from 1 drive, this was **** near perfect football from their side of the ball, they were TACKLING very well & handled their business shutting them punk MF'ers down! That's the kind of ferociousness we need to see all the **** time, those boys came out there & was War ready from coin toss! No matter what our record is, beating FSU is always a mandatory must & these kids stepped up & played their asses off! I'm proud of the whole team, they played this game like it mattered & crushed them bhitch made weak *** wannabe SEC Trailerhasse Noles in Doak! Normally our games are close nail biters, this one was nothing but pure dominance, props & respect to those boys for fighting hard & taking this game out of the hands of the refs & the crowd & deciding that we wasn't walking out of the stadium without the W! We put them clowns in a Body Bag!

Go Canes, FCK FSU!

fuckinA.gif

Spoken like a man who knows a thing or two, about a thing or two. If we bring the same mindset and effort that we displayed last year, this game will be a rout.

Know your enemy: Tomahawk Nation

What they're saying:

Some Nole said:
...As a fan base, the expectations for this season should have been low. Unfortunately, the season is appearing bleaker than anyone could have predicted. The first game was a tough loss and the next game does not appear to be much different. However, the measure of this season should not be the losses that FSU takes at the beginning of the year. The true measure of success for this wacky season should be the improvements they show along the way. What are your takeaways after watching? What else do you think FSU can focus on?...

I think they should focus on doing curls so that they might be better prepared to hold onto this L we're about to give them. I remember when that place was run by Bud Elliot; the smooth-brained chud who came up with the brilliant theory that our losing streak to them under Jimbo was responsible for our season ending nosedives. Like having Al Golden and Dorito traipsing along the sidelines talmbout "be a cheeseburger," had nothing to do with that. Fast forward to present day and now they are on some, "the real victory was the friends we made along the way," ****. I love it.

veins.gif

u.png
Miami Notes

1. Brian Balom always wanted to be a Hurricane.
2. Diaz says the Canes aren't satisfied with their Louisville performance.
3. D'Eriq King is ready to take his game to another level.

If Jeff Sims; can complete 67% of passes, throw for nearly 300 yards, and another 64 on the ground in his first ever collegiate tackle football game, then King should be able to carve these guys up.

fsu.png
Florida State Notes

1. Who IS interim head coach Chris Thomsen?
2. FSU will enforce Covid-19 policies more strictly for future home games.
3. Mike Norvell spoke to the media via his telepresence robot.

unnamed.jpg

Gotta hand it to Coach Cornrows. Can't lose the first game against your rival if you aren't there.

smart.gif

Favorite Florida State related Image, Photoshop, Video or Gif:

7253c48b-602f-4141-b930-8652a5e95fcd.jpg

8bithorse.gif

WideRightBowden.gif

Too many to choose from. Post your favorite.

u.png
Miami Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart:

1600706820690.png

Injuries:

miamiinjuries.png

Word is Payton is good to go.

fsu.png
Florida State Roster Stuff

Two-deep depth chart:

Screen_Shot_2020_09_21_at_12.28.12_PM.png

Injuries:

fsuinjuries.png

Love-Taylor, Nasirildeen, and Kaindoh are probably going to play. They'll need them, but it won't matter.

Game Day Character:
John Kreese said:
We do not train to be merciful here. Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy...

Sweep the ******* leg and blow these bums out. No mercy!

hqdefault.jpg

Allons-y

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of the biggest takeaways

how can they be so bad and Akeem Dent STILL doesn’t start for them. To make it better a kid in his grade starts over him.😂😂

Advertisement
I hope Marshall Few burns Jarvis Brownlee for 3 TDs in garbage time

Advertisement
"We have just 2 double digit wins over them since 1988 (2001 & 2019)"

2001 I get, but how of all years was last year's disaster of a team one of only 2 times in the last 30+ years that we beat them by 10+ points (and 17 to boot!). I know they were down too, but man last year was weird.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back