Levonte Whitfield Decision

Advertisement
Maybe I have orange and green shades, but doesnt backing off our WR targets indicate that we are happy with what we have seen of our incoming freshmen?

SpikeUM said:
Maybe I have orange and green shades, but doesnt backing off our WR targets indicate that we are happy with what we have seen of our incoming freshmen?

Yes that is part of it

Advertisement
South Florida loaded the next 2 years, we can take Lane,Dixon,Adly, or steal McCrary back.We have D.Peete on deck for 2015 with the sanctions behind us and Olsen ready to start a dynasty. Kermit needs to figure out how to beat Bolt over playing football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whitfield is high-risk at WR b/c even though he has elite speed, he's a little short and there are questions about his route-running. When you're running nothing but go-routes in HS and relying on pure speed and that's it--then you'll get numbers in HS, but how well are you preparing to play on the college level?

Cunningham, on the other hand, is still risky, but less so. He has really good hands, runs really good routes, and is a possession type of WR. Speed is the main knock on Cunningham, but as long as he's a steady pass-catcher, he's less risky than Kermit.

AJL has it all, including speed--so if you're happy with the current group of Freshmen so far, then getting a solid speed guy (AJL) and a solid possession guy (Cunningham) in the 13 class makes more sense than 2 speed guys (one of which is possibly limited in his ceiling at WR).

I think Whitfield is a no lose type prospect. the kid has elite speed and shows very good change of direction on a dime, burst, etc.

at a minimum he would be an impact player on special teams.

he looks like Roscoe Parrish on roids IMO

I think Whitfield is a no lose type prospect. the kid has elite speed and shows very good change of direction on a dime, burst, etc.

at a minimum he would be an impact player on special teams.

he looks like Roscoe Parrish on roids IMO

I agree. Small class or not I think every team in the nation could use a player like him. Kermit is a high-floor, high-ceiling player as long as he's given opportunities in space. We don't have any electric WRs like that on the roster aside from Dorsett who will be a Jr when Kermit steps on a campus.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back