Letter to student in BOT's President Selection Committee

Advertisement
IIRC dycane said he is a big Miami football guy and knows a lot of former players

Next banner: "Admiral, save this sinking ship or GTFO #FireAlGolden, sir" ?????

Eh?

Am I right?

Last edited:
Advertisement
She is just going to fall in line like a freshman congressman. Everybody wants to move up. We have to mobilize. These social media stuff is not making a impact.

Its not likely. However, I thought it was kinda funny when one of UM's plants floated a story on this board that Admiral Stavridis was drinking buddies with Butch Davis. lol

1. He apparently played lacrosse while in college at Navy and he's a Patriots fan according to his bio.

2. I was told that he and Butch are apparently friendly. I doubt they are drinking buddies but if they are even better.

Its not likely. However, I thought it was kinda funny when one of UM's plants floated a story on this board that Admiral Stavridis was drinking buddies with Butch Davis. lol

1. He apparently played lacrosse while in college at Navy and he's a Patriots fan according to his bio.

2. I was told that he and Butch are apparently friendly. I doubt they are drinking buddies but if they are even better.

I'll overlook any misgivings for the fact that he is friendly with Butch.

Advertisement
Being friendly with Butch could cost him the UM gig. As everyone close to the administration's side of the program has told us, "Butch is toxic at UM." lol

I wasn't bashing Herrera. I am absolutely miffed by his fellow students who are afraid to ask a simple question about their schools (his beloved) football program. But if you have children in the current school system and are paying attention, all they are creating are 'yes men'.

If I was standing in front of Donna, I would be asking questions too. With the career I have, you have to make a call. Some people can't handle it and crack. Others thrive. Thankfully I am the later and don't care about costs because in the end, allowing a defective part pass on the front side costs lives on the back side. Especially true with flying tin cans.

Herrera, I applaud your efforts and I have said before to be careful. Last thing I want is someone causing you heart ache in the future because you pushed too hard.

Last edited:
I wasn't bashing Herrera. I am absolutely miffed by his fellow students who are afraid to ask a simple question about their schools (his beloved) football program. But if you have children in the current school system and are paying attention, all they are creating are 'yes men'.

If I was standing in front of Donna, I would be asking questions too. With the career I have, you have to make a call. Some people can't handle it and crack. Others thrive. Thankfully I am the later and don't care about costs because in the end, allowing a defective part pass on the front side costs lives on the back side. Especially true with flying tin cans.

Herrera, I applaud your efforts and I have said before to be careful. Last thing I want is someone causing you heart ache in the future because you pushed too hard.

Gotcha...I get your gist about "yes" robots; have seen that in working with some younger folks. Many "Parrot" what they think will gain them approval. I have been suprised however at the frankness and critical thinking of Miami students as a whole, it is just many of them are more concerned about an MCAT score than the Football team.

As for the Admiral being a politician, that is a fair assesment for any person who reaches flag rank, especially a "Four-Button." However, maybe he can manage UM like the destroyer skipper he was, i.e. make sure first and foremost it FUNCTIONS correctly. As I said in another thread, I would love the input of the Chiefs who were part of his crew; they could tell us if he has real leadership capability or is a mere platitude man.

As for the Admiral being a politician, that is a fair assesment for any person who reaches flag rank, especially a "Four-Button." However, maybe he can manage UM like the destroyer skipper he was, i.e. make sure first and foremost it FUNCTIONS correctly. As I said in another thread, I would love the input of the Chiefs who were part of his crew; they could tell us if he has real leadership capability or is a mere platitude man.

Being ex-Navy myself, I absolutely luv this comment.

Advertisement
Being friendly with Butch could cost him the UM gig. As everyone close to the administration's side of the program has told us, "Butch is toxic at UM." lol

I was told by a lot of people that him apologizing in The U Part 2 went a long way. More than his football credentials would go for his sake.

I certainly hope the Board wouldn't cost the Admiral his position based on being friendly with Butch.

Also for the record I was told his leadership capabilities are top notch. Not being Navy, you guys would have a better understanding on how high level him being a leader he is than I do.

I appreciate that man. I haven't crossed any lines so far. I don't disrespect people or act without reason. I am just a passionate fan, passionate student, passionate Cane. It does bother me that it's frowned upon to speak out, so I just try to be reasonable.

Being ex-Navy myself, I absolutely luv this comment.
Totally agree

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back