Lee Corso to retire...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bristol, CT - Today 10:15am SPORTS BRIEFS

ESPN has announced that Lee Corso will retire from broadcasting. Corso, a former college football coach, has been an analyst on the popular College GameDay broadcasts since it's inception in 1987. He is most well known as the comic foil among the various GameDay broadcasters and for wearing the mascot's headgear of the team he has selected to win the featured contest each weak. Corso will be replaced on the GameDay set this fall by former coach, Al Golden, who was recently released as head coach of the University of Miami Hurricanes. Golden is expected to carry on the headgear tradition and also offer comic relief similar to Corso's role.
well there goes me watching College Gameday I wonder how many players are going to remind him of Muhammed Wilkerson and jaiquawn Jarret lol. Thank god thats fake

Advertisement
Herbstreit and Fowler did a good job helping him out the last few years.....

weekend-at-bernies-cap.jpg

Advertisement
Corso did okay for being an FSU graduate also. He was supposedly a roommate of both Burt Reynolds and Ron Fraser.

Advertisement
In 2006 on my way to Louisville, we were both on the same early shuttle at MCO (Orlando). He was on his way to USC West for College Game Day. I said "Good Morning Coach Corso." He responded with his trademark "Yo." Then he noticed my my Miami gear and said "I never thought in my lifetime that Miami would ever have to worry about Louisville. You guys got a tough one this weekend. A real tough one!" He didn't mention it was going to be 10 years!

Spurrier would be an interesting replacement.[/QUOTEcan som

If Al Golden gets this job they will lose rating . Nobody would take anything out of his mouth seriously. Might get strong rating if you brought in x football players that he cost millions to hit his stupid *** over the head with a chair.

The first callers first question on Canesport Live tonight asked Ferman about this as the caller said he saw a press release that Al Golden would be replacing Lee Corso. Lol'd knowing that the root of that was this thread......Ferman didn't believe it but was still funny as the caller kept referring to "the press release"

The first callers first question on Canesport Live tonight asked Ferman about this as the caller said he saw a press release that Al Golden would be replacing Lee Corso. Lol'd knowing that the root of that was this thread......Ferman didn't believe it but was still funny as the caller kept referring to "the press release"

200.gif

Advertisement

ESPN has announced that Lee Corso will retire from broadcasting. Corso, a former college football coach, has been an analyst on the popular College GameDay broadcasts since it's inception in 1987. He is most well known as the comic foil among the various GameDay broadcasters and for wearing the mascot's headgear of the team he has selected to win the featured contest each weak. Corso will be replaced on the GameDay set this fall by former coach, Al Golden, who was recently released as head coach of the University of Miami Hurricanes. Golden is expected to carry on the headgear tradition and also offer comic relief similar to Corso's role.

Now, if you're going to troll, that's the way to do it.

"He just sucked you right in.....so consider yourself sucked". -The Big Tuna

Advertisement

Now, if you're going to troll, that's the way to do it.

"He just sucked you right in.....so consider yourself sucked". -The Big Tuna

How did he suck me in? My post pretty much indicated that it was obviously not true.

Don't we all assume that anything Whoop posts is 100% false?

I was talking about Whoop, not you in particular. But how many people on this board fall for stuff like this? It was funny, though. I mean, look how many people in this country fell for that "hope and change" routine delivered by America's biggest Con-man?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back