Leading the Nation in TFL

fedupcane

Banned
Banned
Diaz has been a tops in the sport TFL man everywhere he’s been. Blake Bakers LaTech squad was too. How do they achieve this year after year??

Take a second and think very simply about what a TFL is: a defender BEHIND the OL and LOS make the tackle. Pretty basic concept here.

Is it a coincidence that Miami’s DL is getting upfield all game, with zero gap control, in a scheme that UNQUESTIONABLY prioritizes “defenders behind the OL and LOS” ???

It’s year five of this system. Everything you are seeing is by DESIGN from the LBs “guessing” (Diaz specifically does not assign LBs gaps in stunts, they are taught to find the easiest path to the ball carrier), to the DEs getting five yards behind the LOS on run plays (Mickey Andrew’s JET technique), to the DBs spot dropping zone (Diaz does NOT coach pattern matching).

How many years of failing against good teams do you need to watch before you recognize the scheme, and not random players, is the problem?

Advertisement
But ....but.....we need to recruit better..........Manny only in his second year of coaching...........he needs time to recruit his own players........He is 8-2.............

:hammering-head:

Diaz has been a tops in the sport TFL man everywhere he’s been. Blake Bakers LaTech squad was too. How do they achieve this year after year??

Take a second and think very simply about what a TFL is: a defender BEHIND the OL and LOS make the tackle. Pretty basic concept here.

Is it a coincidence that Miami’s DL is getting upfield all game, with zero gap control, in a scheme that UNQUESTIONABLY prioritizes “defenders behind the OL and LOS” ???

It’s year five of this system. Everything you are seeing is by DESIGN from the LBs “guessing” (Diaz specifically does not assign LBs gaps in stunts, they are taught to find the easiest path to the ball carrier), to the DEs getting five yards behind the LOS on run plays (Mickey Andrew’s JET technique), to the DBs spot dropping zone (Diaz does NOT coach pattern matching).

How many years of failing against good teams do you need to watch before you recognize the scheme, and not random players, is the problem?

I have said for years Manny and his entire d staff should go spend a month in the off season with the TCU staff. TCU has successfully been running the 4-2-5 fir years and their philosophy has a split defensive philosophy with dline playing independently of the back 7 calls.

Go Canes

Advertisement
So basically, UNC Babe Ruthed us. Instead of hitting the ball where they aint, in the stands, they ran the ball where we had no defenders... on the other side of the LOS. Brilliant.

Doesn’t matter if you get a TFL if you give up a first down on a 3rd and 26 on the next play..
Yesterday was like 4th and 17 every other play. Mack Brown was toying with Manny all game long.

Meanwhile, Manny had that far away look in his eyes, all game long. The look of, "I am being exposed as a fraud and there is nowhere to hide."

Advertisement
So basically, UNC Babe Ruthed us. Instead of hitting the ball where they aint, in the stands, they ran the ball where we had no defenders... on the other side of the LOS. Brilliant.
Yes and I want to give UNC some credit. They had a play in the 3rd or 4th quarter on our 12 yard line. Down and distance was 3rd and line.
We ran an overload blitz from the quarterback's right side, leaving on a d-end and one other player on the quarterback's left. We get away with this unconventional alignment 90% of the time because it is 3rd and 9 and teams pass the ball.
Well, UNC has 2 good running backs and they ran the ball where we were dramatically outnumbered, and got the 1st down at the 1 and scored a few plays later.
UM's gambling style usually pays off, but it won't against balanced teams because they will just take what you give them.
The other problem is that our cornerbacks (especially #8) aren't good enough to be left on islands. if they were, you load 7-8 in the box, stop the run and dare UNC to throw. But every time we did that, we were beaten over the top.
We had no schmaric answers in part because our coaching is predictable and in part because we lack back 7 talent. Its a bad combination against good teams. We'll get away with it against bad and mediocre teams most of the time.

It’s good if you gameplan for the team your playing. You can’t just go out there and run the same plays over and over team after team. Eventually your going to run into a competent coaching staff with good players that’s going to run you off the field.

Yes and I want to give UNC some credit. They had a play in the 3rd or 4th quarter on our 12 yard line. Down and distance was 3rd and line.
We ran an overload blitz from the quarterback's right side, leaving on a d-end and one other player on the quarterback's left. We get away with this unconventional alignment 90% of the time because it is 3rd and 9 and teams pass the ball.
Well, UNC has 2 good running backs and they ran the ball where we were dramatically outnumbered, and got the 1st down at the 1 and scored a few plays later.
UM's gambling style usually pays off, but it won't against balanced teams because they will just take what you give them.
The other problem is that our cornerbacks (especially #8) aren't good enough to be left on islands. if they were, you load 7-8 in the box, stop the run and dare UNC to throw. But every time we did that, we were beaten over the top.
We had no schmaric answers in part because our coaching is predictable and in part because we lack back 7 talent. Its a bad combination against good teams. We'll get away with it against bad and mediocre teams most of the time.
Also the LBs arent scud missiles with instincts.

Advertisement
It’s good if you gameplan for the team your playing. You can’t just go out there and run the same plays over and over team after team. Eventually your going to run into a competent coaching staff with good players that’s going to run you off the field.

I’m convinced this staff doesn’t game plan for anybody. I can’t think of a single game where we did something out of the ordinary to take away a certain player.

Yeah I mean no ishhh. Manny and staff place high value on TFLs and sacks. It’s high risk high reward and a scheme that can be easily beat by counters and misdirections due to the lack of gap discipline. It breads selfish play

Advertisement
I’m convinced this staff doesn’t game plan for anybody. I can’t think of a single game where we did something out of the ordinary to take away a certain player.

Bro Manny is playing Chess. His game plan was to tire out the RB’s of UNC. Carter would run for a 65 yard TD be exhausted and come out of the game.Williams would break off a long run and come out of the game.

The game plan worked perfectly.

Advertisement
Back