Leaders

nvlahos

Junior
Premium
All the old Cane greats' mention that the best UM teams were player led, with significant respected, motivated, hold each other accountable, no bull**** leaders.

One aspect we are starting to see a glimpse in year 3 of Richt, are those leaders. Gunna make a huge difference in taking the next step this year -

Defense -
Jaquan
Shaq
Willis
Demetrius Jack
Joe Jack
Pinckney

Offense -
Gauthier
Rosier
Homer
Deejay
Choc
Richards
Cager

Advertisement
When jimmy johnson first got here, of course he had a strong personality, but he was not the alpha of the team, that he was not even the 2nd or 3rd alpha on the team. You couldnt be the alpha/headcoach at Miami back than and be scared of oklahoma. Coming in, jimmy was not as confident as he became because as the headcoach at oklahoma st. he was use to getting beat down by barry switzer and the boys at oklahoma so he had to get raised. So going into his first game as the headcoach of UM, he was giving to much respect to the sooners, so who had to raise em, JEROME BROWN, one of the ultimate Alpha's to ever come thru here. It was. JEROME who kept calling the sooners during warm ups "fresh meat" and jimmy was trying to get JEROME to not say nothing cause he was scared of them cause up to that point jimmy had never beat them and JEROME basically told jimmy "coach, watch out, we got this, they fresh meat" and not to long after that, during the coin toss, you see JEROME BROWN, winston moss and highsmith letting them oklahoma boys know whats coming and than backed it up and shut that option crap down.

It wasnt until after that game that jimmy johnson became the ultimate and confident coach he became, because he knew than what Greatness looked like. He was the headcoach but no coach could ever be the alpha of those teams, i could go down the line, than keep in mind when irvin got there, he was basically next in line for that alpha male position, because if you ever hear art kehoe tell the story, he said something about for the first time and i believe he said to irvin, a freshman widereceiver had the chance to be the leader of the team.

Look, people talk about swag this and swag that, we never used that word and it still sounds *** to me when people say it, but what people saw is confident players, it didnt start at UM, that confidence that people see comes from the Heart of the players in Miami and several parts of Florida. And it never left, UM, left it by falling for that "change the image" crap. So they started recruiting different, but guess what, what's beautiful now is, we got a coach now, that quiet as kept is more mentally stronger coming in than schnelly or jimmy johnson, WHY, because he was born, bred and raised here so its in is blood. He knows what its suppose to look like and be from giddy up.

So people waiting and wondering if UM is back, lol, i keep telling them, we already back, cause coach richt has already brought the culture back, i luv the fact that people dont realize how much of a goon/competitor coach richt is, they keep getting him confused, but you want to know the value of coach richt, once he took the Georgia job, from the time he left, it took from than until gumbo fisher got their before Fsu's offense got back on track.

Now you can argue about coach richt x's and o's and play calling, but when it comes to is coach richt a True Hurricane at heart, its without question. Its not a coincidence that things are going the way they are going now.
This is why coach icht new exactly what he was talking about before that game against app. St about what swag was and is!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back