Attachments

• 1EE92A55-4E5B-414E-A0D1-B9D9354FCD46.png
    1EE92A55-4E5B-414E-A0D1-B9D9354FCD46.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • 3A28143B-0B47-4715-9CC9-5B1624DC377C.png
    3A28143B-0B47-4715-9CC9-5B1624DC377C.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
Advertisement
Not bad, I would take it. Tennessee hits the ball well but their rotation is R-L-R and none of them are just complete lockdown guys, the Friday night kid strikes out quite a few but his ERA in North of 4. We could draw worse if this is the case.

Advertisement
I think it's a lock that either Miami or FSU winds up in Gainesville. It would make no sense to send both FSU and Miami out of state. We're more likely to wind up in Gainesville because Tally is basically in SEC land with the Mississippi schools. I think they wind up at Ole Miss or Miss St.

FSU will end up at La Tech or Charlotte in the annual hook up a Martin regional. Miami in Gainesville if we are a 2 seed but if we are a 3, I could see GT going to UF and we get sent literally anywhere. I wouldn’t mind being sent to Oregon or something where the atmosphere isn’t rough and little distractions.

I also think that the Louisville series and maybe the conference tournament will determine if we're a #2 or a #3 seed and our seed will play out in determining our destination.
A 2 would be nice but given our track record vs good teams on the road, all signs point to a 3.

Advertisement
FSU will end up at La Tech or Charlotte in the annual hook up a Martin regional. Miami in Gainesville if we are a 2 seed but if we are a 3, I could see GT going to UF and we get sent literally anywhere. I wouldn’t mind being sent to Oregon or something where the atmosphere isn’t rough and little distractions.
You may be right, but this isn’t football: baseball is way more even peeled across the country, hence even teams like that have dudes. We wouldn’t beat either of those teams right now.

Is that Gainesville region a joke? That’s weaker than the awful Arizona one a week ago.
Based on RPI, it's actually a slap in the face to us and UNCC. I don't think D1 baseball has any more insight than the rest of us on what the Committee will do. But if they use RPI the way they did for the host site selections, this regional pairing won't happen.

While we've been incredibly inconsistent, the NCAA needs to show some semblance of consistency IMO. ***** the stupid regional match-ups that we see every year. Shake things up some and create some excitement.

Advertisement
Based on RPI, it's actually a slap in the face to us and UNCC. I don't think D1 baseball has any more insight than the rest of us on what the Committee will do. But if they use RPI the way they did for the host site selections, this regional pairing won't happen.

While we've been incredibly inconsistent, the NCAA needs to show some semblance of consistency IMO. ***** the stupid regional match-ups that we see every year. Shake things up some and create some excitement.
The teams should be ranked 1-64 and put in regionals accordingly. Worst 2-4 seeds are in #1 overall regional etc. It should be the same for basketball. Of course if the host is in the same conference as another team, just flip them with whoever is right behind. If there is no longer a travel curfew on Sundays bc everybody flys, why would flying be an issue for the tournament?

This is an easy fix and would get rid of 90% of the complaints that come from pairings. What’s the point of playing well all year and hosting a regional, only to get screwed bc you’re close geographically to a really good #2 seed?

Advertisement
Back