Lashlee & King need one more year

IcemanArcade

Go Canes
We were calling Lashlee getting a HC job offer after this season for the transformation of this offense but I think Lashlee needs & will stay another year to develop this system. O-Line will look different next year slight improvement, RBs will be slightly more polished, WR core will get a well needed inject and influx of Talent coming in.
I believe King needs to stay as well, he’s probably bolting for the draft but mechanics wise he has a long way to go before being seriously looked at as a QB and the fact that he looked so impressive running the ball will shift the narrative for the need of a position change. Even if we finish 10-1 both Lashlee and King have to come back next year. Both can improve their stock

Last edited:
Advertisement
I will say, watching Bama score 63 tonight. Texas and Oklahoma both score 45 and 53. Even Mizzou scored 45 and we mustered out 17 thanks to a blocked FG and garbage time TD. This team is far from complete to compete right away but this is why recruiting class 2021 and 2022 is so important, Manny just needs to hold these two classes together

Last edited:
I will say, watching Bama score 63 tonight. Texas and Oklahoma both score 45 and 53. Even Mizzou scored 45 and we mustered out 17 thanks to a blocked FG and garbage time TD. This team is far from complete to compete right away but this is why recruiting class 2021and 2022 is so impressive, Manny just needs to hold these two classes together
Texas and OU needed 4 overtime’s to get that but point taken

Advertisement
If all of our juniors actually had a brain, next year could be special. You look at what we could have coming back. Along with King. But they will bounce for the NFL.

The harsh reality is we’re 2-3 solid recruiting classes away from actually competing with the likes of Clemson. And the sad truth is - we have glaring recruiting problems at key positions

Advertisement
If all of our juniors actually had a brain, next year could be special. You look at what we could have coming back. Along with King. But they will bounce for the NFL.
The sad reality is that’s likely the outcome. Clemson, OSU and Bama have upperclassmen who are projected day 2-3 come back and improve their stock, whilst improving the team. Our juniors with no real game tape or improvement bolt to be drafted round 5-7. Hurting the team in the long run.

I’ll just say the Lashlee getting a head coaching job and extension talk needs to stop.
He needs to show he can actually strategize when the KISS approach doesn’t work.

I expect Narduzzi to have a very similar game plan against us. They don’t have Clemsons talent, but Venables clearly exposed our major holes and how to attack us.

Advertisement
Back