Lashlee, Baker breakdown what to expect from Clemson

View as article
Advertisement
We don't have to shut Clemson down. We only have to score more points than they do.😃 That should be the goal. Talent, ability, coaching and scheme will all be important factors. The talent difference in the top 22 guys is close enough that we should compete.

If we keep them under 28 we win easily

their defense has proven over and over again that they don’t give up more than 28pts a game. You say easy haha. Give me some of what y’all are smoking. I hope we light up the scoreboard but i highly doubt it will be that easy. Im not sure we score over 28pts ourselves

also I know manny says he's always involved with the defense. But it gives me peace of mind knowing that he's probably going to be all over baker and the scheme for this week. Manny knows what this game means to his career
Knowing Manny is involved in the defensive game plan gives you peace this week, LOL, ***** NO, you talking bout the same manny who punked out in 17 against Clemson by all of a sudden primarily playing zone defense against an inaccurate qb, I'll pass, I'd rather let baker go with what's inside him and see where his hearts at in a game like this, in fact, tell manny to stay away, he showed in that ACC championship game why mack brown axed em, why go away from what worked all year before it's not working.

Manny can overlook the game plan all he wants. Manny and Baker could scheme up football's equivalent to the Unified Field Theory and the whole defensive staff can analyze film with Ed Reed all they want. Nothing that I have seen leads me to believe that we have any chance of holding this Clemson offense in check wether that means relatively in check or not. Don't get me wrong guys I love our team and they are going to fight but we are going to have to score 38+ to have a chance to win this game. If our D can frustrate them in the red zone and make Clemson settle for field goals then that is a huge win. For those of you who think we're going to waltz in there and give them the VT 05 treatment you are certifiably insane. Can we win? Yes but nobody on this board should be even entertaining the idea of our defense dominating. We are on our way for sure but we are not up to that level......yet. We are going to have to score and score a lot.

If our D actually goes in there and plays out of their minds and we hold them to 20 or under I will eat every bit of crow that anyone wants to feed me and be ecstatic to do it!
good thing were at 43 points a game then. i know its not clemson we were playing but we can score. stay in it and make as many stops as you can. we have a chance.

Advertisement
good thing were at 43 points a game then. i know its not clemson we were playing but we can score. stay in it and make as many stops as you can. we have a chance.
There no doubt about our guys having a shot. I'm just saying that we are going to have to be ready to come out balling on offense without letting up. Like another poster has mentioned, holding these guys to FG attempts is a tremendous victory for us.

My confidence waned considerably upon entering the Blake Baker section....

sad fox tv GIF by Ghosted

It'll be won or lost in the trenches. We need our big uglies to show and prove.

There no doubt about our guys having a shot. I'm just saying that we are going to have to be ready to come out balling on offense without letting up. Like another poster has mentioned, holding these guys to FG attempts is a tremendous victory for us.
For sure. if we can keep the bend dont break mentality actually intact then its huge for us. im seeing a shoot out.

Advertisement
their defense has proven over and over again that they don’t give up more than 28pts a game. You say easy haha. Give me some of what y’all are smoking. I hope we light up the scoreboard but i highly doubt it will be that easy. Im not sure we score over 28pts ourselves
Dont be scared sweetie. We have a qb now.

Last edited:
Knowing Manny is involved in the defensive game plan gives you peace this week, LOL, ***** NO, you talking bout the same manny who punked out in 17 against Clemson by all of a sudden primarily playing zone defense against an inaccurate qb, I'll pass, I'd rather let baker go with what's inside him and see where his hearts at in a game like this, in fact, tell manny to stay away, he showed in that ACC championship game why mack brown axed em, why go away from what worked all year before it's not working.
Agree, Manny was a huge disappointed in that Championship game. I remember that first 3rd down, he goes into a zone and number 13 just sits down in a soft spot first down, and down hill from there. We were short Herndon, Richardson, on offense, instead of playing aggressive and seeing if we could cause a turnover to help up the offense he sits in zones all night. Manny, and Blake both coach the linebackers, why is it that position never seems to improve, wrong gaps, poor angles, poor coverage, poor alignments, really didn't see Shaq or Pink improve that much over their freshmen years .

Agree, Manny was a huge disappointed in that Championship game. I remember that first 3rd down, he goes into a zone and number 13 just sits down in a soft spot first down, and down hill from there. We were short Herndon, Richardson, on offense, instead of playing aggressive and seeing if we could cause a turnover to help up the offense he sits in zones all night. Manny, and Blake both coach the linebackers, why is it that position never seems to improve, wrong gaps, poor angles, poor coverage, poor alignments, really didn't see Shaq or Pink improve that much over their freshmen years .
It's been obvious since diaz got here our linebacking play has been helter skelter, it's partly scheme and also how they use them in the scheme, our linebackers got worst their 2nd and 3rd years but finished solid in their last year. What's even more strange, coach patke played the position, I like what I saw from brooks against Louisiana Tech, cause I know he's been coaching the "outside linebackers" not sure what that means in a 4-2-5 scheme, and blake baker played linebacker in college as well, the linebackers from brooks on down, that next wave that they brought in, need to start showing something, that's been the weak spot in our defense where it use to almost always be our strength, we need to get back to that in the worst way come Saturday, seems to me like the linebackers are in their proper depths.

Advertisement
I don’t see us being able to run much on Clemson’s DL. We need to come out with tempo. Spread them out and throw short passes utilizing the middle of the field. They will come with some exotic blitzes to confuse King. Short easy throws is the answer.
We should see a bunch of two TE sets this game. Clemson’s weakness, if any, is at LB. They don’t have any TEs on their roster to scout team Will and Brevin. Quick outs, drags, and crossing routes to set up seam routes by the TEs. It sounds like Will and Brevin are both finally healthy. Show us!!!
Run lots of fly routes and deep posts with the WRs rotating in the first half. Tire out that secondary. Make them tackle our big boys in space. Then once they move up the safeties to compensate, let the speedsters catch’em over the top on the outside.
Going way back to even his Oklahoma days, if there’s one thing about Venebles, he gets frustrated. He makes adjustments quickly. Sometimes too quickly. Lashlee can play that to our advantage being two steps ahead. You don’t call the same play a 3rd time because it worked twice ala CMR. You can set this guy up.
The way to beat Clemson is by having our offense run 75+ plays keeping sunshine on the bench.

Advertisement
Back