Larry Nixon III LB from North Texas hits the Portal and becomes a tiger

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Larry Nixon LB from North Texas hits the Portal this week w/one year of eligibility remaining. Known as "Old Man" Larry to the North Texas show hosts

@DMoney write up from the 5/3 Bank

Two linebackers will be visiting- Konnor Near (Ferris State) and Larry Nixon (North Texas). Both are All-Conference players at their level and project as inside backers. Neer has three years of eligibility, while Larry Nixon has one. Miami wants competition there.

This interview was just two weeks ago

Advertisement
Interesting, in the interview he said "loyalty is a big thing for me, that's why I decided to stick around". Wonder what changed?

Advertisement
Sounds like the kind of kid we talk ourselves into because why not have an experienced body? And then he ends up playing 80% of the snaps over a more talented Freshman and we kvetch about it for the next 18 months.

We shouldn’t be playing true freshman regularly anyway.

Interesting, in the interview he said "loyalty is a big thing for me, that's why I decided to stick around". Wonder what changed?
He is a grad transfer, not a portaler, so its not like he didnt put in his time and stayed commited to his school. He's just heading off to a final year somewhere bigger to increase his profile.

Advertisement
He is a grad transfer, not a portaler, so its not like he didnt put in his time and stayed commited to his school. He's just heading off to a final year somewhere bigger to increase his profile.
But he had to know he'd be a grad transfer two weeks ago.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Someone jump in with an evaluation. Stats say he misses a good bit of tackles. Film was good, but appears to lumber a bit. Just me? I get the Flagg comp. because showed good awareness in pass coverage and anticipation off the snap. Could see him competing to start; don't see a sure-fire starter here. Interestingly, reminds me of the 3-star big LB we signed out of GA. last cycle. May be a tad slower. Could move him around and blitz him too. Whether he has the athleticism to close effectively in the ACC??

Someone jump in with an evaluation. Stats say he misses a good bit of tackles. Film was good, but appears to lumber a bit. Just me? I get the Flagg comp. because showed good awareness in pass coverage and anticipation off the snap. Could see him competing to start; don't see a sure-fire starter here. Interestingly, reminds me of the 3-star big LB we signed out of GA. last cycle. May be a tad slower. Could move him around and blitz him too. Whether he has the athleticism to close effectively in the ACC??
I only watched one full game and some clips from others but I'm not sure he has the athleticism to be a sure fire P5 starting LB. He just looks really stiff when pursuing, he's a good blitzer though. I think he's more of a rotational guy, someone who can give you 20-25 snaps a game.

DA5C999C-AF92-4354-9D1B-1F40749640C0.jpeg

Advertisement
Back