Larkin traded to the Knicks

Vj4321

Redshirt Freshman
..in the Deal that sent Felton and Chandler to the Mavs

# The trade cost Dallas two starters -- point guard Jose Calderon and center Samuel Dalembert -- along with prized young point guard Shane Larkin, reserve guard Wayne Ellington and the 34th and 51st picks in Thursday's draft.

Man, that was an incredible tournament run. Hope he does big things out in NY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Anyone but the stupid Knicks!!!

Just read Knicks are trying to flip Larkin and a second to get into late first round.

The Heat should jump all over this.

Trade Cole and the 26th overall pick to move up and get Shabazz or trade our 1st round pick for Larkin?

Decisions...decisions
I've seen some mocks having Shabazz going higher than 26, some as high as 12 to the Magic. It's not a sure bet that you get him at that spot. Also, not sure that just a 1st rounder/Cole would be enough. May have to throw in a future pick/cash as well to move up high enough to get Shabazz.

I'm a Lakers fan, but speaking from the Heat's perspective on this...getting Larkin would be a no-brainer. Riley should pull the trigger on that trade yesterday. You get a guy in Larkin who, IMO, is a better fit to play with the Big 3 than Shabazz (if they all come back), and you only give up a 1st rounder this year...no future picks/cash nor do you lose Cole. THEN...if you still want to trade Cole, dangle him in front of somebody to get you some help at the 3 spot to play behind D-Wade, and eventually take over.

Really, the only things Shabazz has over Larkin are he's a little more athletic, and he's a more natural scorer. I think you need a guy who can score some, and is a more true PG (like Larkin). I think they're both equal shooters from deep too. Keep in mind that Larkin's probably better defensively as well.

Advertisement
Back