Larkin Likely Testing NBA Draft Waters

Advertisement
Good luck to him, took Miami to new heights, wish him nothing but the best!

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/col...test-NBA-draft-wa?blockID=886407&feedID=10140

So he's expected to submit his name, but still a chance he withdraws his name and comes back to Miami if he doesn't like the evaluations.

Reggie Johnson did the same thing after his 3rd year. Probably should have left because his draft stock has only fallen the past 2 seasons.

What's funny is at that time he was projected as a late first rounder

Advertisement
If they tell Shane he is a first round pick, he should take the money and run, unless he thinks he'll get taller.

Can he be as good as Jameer Nelson (long term)? I stood next to JN last week and they appear to be similar height. I know they list him 6' but I know that's not true.

Oh, and it's good he's testing the waters carefully, everyone knew he would, his dad being a Hall of Famer and working at ESPN, he's going to have all the information going forward.

As an Arkansas native, I would like Larkin to look up the name Scotty Thurman and read his story. Thurman was a scoring maching and straight up clutch (winning shot in national title game over Duke among others) in college, 6' 6" and athletic to boot, and he never even sniffed the league, last one cut after not being drafted IIRC. That was a huge wake up call to the UA program and how really really good and blessed with God given talent you have to be to get in the league.

Good luck to him if he decides to go.

Advertisement
I think it's best for him to leave now, he will get drafted IMO, unknown where but that's best for him. His stock is at his peak, he wont get taller, and more weaknesses will be exposed next year. I hope he returns and works on all his weaknesses but I see him leaving. Look at what happened to Scottie Reynolds. Hope he succeeds either way

He's coming back as his relationship with coach L will prove to be the reason why. Together they can make another run and he can continue to get stronger.

Advertisement
Back