Lady Canes championship on CBS N at 4:30 Sunday

jkdood

All ACC
Was disappointed not listed on WatchESPN or ACC-NE, but there's a TV channel called CBS Sports Network (221 on my Direct TV) showing it at 4:30. Championship pre-NIT game versus undefeated Iowa State. Go Lady Canes!

Advertisement
Foul trouble is killing Miami. Straight killing. Not shocked, it's a road game. That said, Cornelius can't be passing up quality shots. Gotta let it fly.

Mompremier in foul trouble and playing limited minutes thus far is hurting this team. Need her to stay on the floor and produce. She can be very effective on both ends of the floor.

Advertisement
Officials didnt help with some ticky tack foul calls in the 1st half, but the team couldnt hit a shot and deserved to get blown out.

The girls were exposed big time yesterday. They are slower than past teams. No real go to outside shooter. They look clumbsy on offense and lost on defense. My high hopes came crashing down to reality real fast. As the womans team might be overrated hopefully the mens team subsequently might be underrated.

The girls were exposed big time yesterday. They are slower than past teams. No real go to outside shooter. They look clumbsy on offense and lost on defense. My high hopes came crashing down to reality real fast. As the womans team might be overrated hopefully the mens team subsequently might be underrated.
Could not have said it any better. Nothing to see here.

Advertisement

Yep, nothing says sane like making snap judgments on a team less than FIVE games in. This team can play a variety of styles, something previous Miami teams couldn't. The problem Sunday was that Miami's major advantage(size) was negated by early foul trouble. With Emese, Beatrice AND Sarah on the bench, ISU was able to feast inside. ISU was living at the rim, and that's how they were able to get out to the lead. When you aren't getting second shot opportunities(Once again due to a lack of size), it means you have to be scary efficient from the field. Guess what? They weren't. Ironically enough, Mortensen would have helped there, too bad she was glued to the bench. Cornelius is still getting back into the swing of things, she isn't as anxious to jack as she once was. They needed her to be a gunner Sunday, to make up for the lack of O coming inside. This team isn't unathletic in the least, Meier could easily return to the trapping, uptempo style she used in previous years. There's only one problem. By doing that, she would also be taking two outstanding players in Hof and Mompremier and flushing them down the toilet.

Advertisement
Back