Kyshawn George vs. Clemson

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Really impressive first half shooting performance from Kyshawn George last night. Still has some stuff to clean up in terms of protecting the basketball, but I believe that will come as he continues to grow into his body. This is a guy who had a 6-7 inch growth spurt not too long ago. What I loved is his confidence shooting the basketball - even when he missed a couple he did not hesitate and kept letting it fly. As ACC teams become more familiar with his shooting ability, he's going to have an opportunity to get to the lane and make plays as well.

Such a great addition by Coach L and staff.

If you missed my interview with George over the summer, here is is:

Advertisement
You can see how much he’s already physically developed compared to that picture in the thumbnail of my interview with him. Looks leaner and more toned. Met him a couple months back and he’s not “skinny” either

I’ve been impressed with his passing ability. Every game he makes a couple of high level passes. If he can be a point guard for us into the thick of ACC play, it just gives the team so much more diversity with lineups.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some scouting report after Kyshawn's first few games said his defense was a minus and that "he doesn't have good lateral movement." If that ever was true, I don't see it anymore. He plays hard on the defensive end and uses his size well to pressure his man/passing lanes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back