Kirby Hocutt on Playoff Selection Committee

407cane

All-ACC
edit* named as Chairman of selection committee. He joined last year I forgot.

Hard to judge how much of our dumpster fire fell on him if all falls on the President.

Hopefully he's got no ill will toward us if we're lucky enough to be in contention

Anyone with more knowledge of how Dee and Shalala ran things have any insight on how Hocutt was here? never knew much about him honestly even while he was here. I see he got a new basketball practice facility, womens soccer stadium, etc.

However not sure how much he had to play with the shapiro madness. He sketchily dipped for Texas Tech right before the **** storm and seemed like his name came up a lot in the nevin talks. anyone know how involved he was?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well there goes any chance of us making the CFP in the next few years.

All I've really heard about him was that he was pretty tight with Nevin. So given his corrupt background, he sounds like a perfect fit for the committee.

edit* named as Chairman of selection committee. He joined last year I forgot.

Hard to judge how much of our dumpster fire fell on him if all falls on the President.

Hopefully he's got no ill will toward us if we're lucky enough to be in contention

Anyone with more knowledge of how Dee and Shalala ran things have any insight on how Hocutt was here? never knew much about him honestly even while he was here. I see he got a new basketball practice facility, womens soccer stadium, etc.

However not sure how much he had to play with the shapiro madness. He sketchily dipped for Texas Tech right before the **** storm and seemed like his name came up a lot in the nevin talks. anyone know how involved he was?

Guy was probably micro-managed by Shalala and her secret agenda to crush our football program. I'm not sure I blame him for taking off.

Advertisement
I'm confused. This is the same AD that hired Al Golden and allowed Nevin Shapiro to operate freely through UM's athletic program. How does this guy get rewarded again? Was he seriously the most qualified AD?

Advertisement
Back