Kenny Soares Class of 22

Madabs

Sophomore
Kenny played at St Luke’s in Conn during his sophomore year. He has now transferred to the #1 school in NJ St Peters Prep. Currently a 3 star .8588 but now playing at Prep could rise. Listed as an Athlete 6’3 207 could be a tight end or Linebacker in college (has played almost every offensive position). Great hands and looks for contact.

Number #6 on Top Plays

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know nothing about NJ football aside from the fact that we pulled a fully loaded savage from Camden in 2019. But are all the top schools private schools up there? I mean we got good private schools down here in STA Columbus and whatnot but we also have the west central booker T ridge. What’s the balance of power up there compared to here as far as private vs public

At that time St Peter's wasnt a top school in NJ. It was Bergen Catholic, Don Bosco, and St. Joe's.
St peters was ranked the number one school in NJ at the time (2000) and the gulliver loss was their only loss of the season. Gulliver won 26-0.

Advertisement
St peters was ranked the number one school in NJ at the time (2000) and the gulliver loss was their only loss of the season. Gulliver won 26-0.
They were not the #1 team in NJ, they had lost to Emerson in their first game, then Gulliver. They also lost in the first round of the playoffs to a low ranked school from Trenton. St Joe's won the state championship 14 times from 1987-2009. And Bergen was 91-10 from 1990-1999 also winning the Division 4 championship in 1998,1999, and 2001.

I know nothing about NJ football aside from the fact that we pulled a fully loaded savage from Camden in 2019. But are all the top schools private schools up there? I mean we got good private schools down here in STA Columbus and whatnot but we also have the west central booker T ridge. What’s the balance of power up there compared to here as far as private vs public
North Jersey private schools are loaded with D1 talent and the south isn't even close. Within a 20 mile radius, you have St Joes, Don Bosco, Paramus Catholic, Bergen Catholic, De Paul, and St Peter's. St Peter's and Bergen are ranked 17 and 22 in Max Preps. Peppers, Gary, Alfano, Cushing, Al Quain Mohammad, Elijah Shumate etc all played at those schools in the same division.

They were not the #1 team in NJ, they had lost to Emerson in their first game, then Gulliver. They also lost in the first round of the playoffs to a low ranked school from Trenton. St Joe's won the state championship 14 times from 1987-2009. And Bergen was 91-10 from 1990-1999 also winning the Division 4 championship in 1998,1999, and 2001.
my bad -- you're right on the losses. they were preseason #1 in their classification (not the whole state), then lost week 1 to emerson by 10. they did run off 6 or 7 wins in a row after gulliver, and the gulliver game was by far their biggest loss for the season, including the playoff loss to ND.

regardless, st peters was a respected team at the time -- with way more historical football success than gulliver -- and gulliver beat the **** out of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back