Kendrick Nortonquote

Advertisement
You all can say UF sucks and all that but if we played LSU we would get our face smashed in. Norton is right. For a DT, it doesn't look good. Our defensive scheme is terrible. DT want to be able to make plays too and if they are not supposed to why play and everything is designed for the lb why play for that team.

^^^ we beat them last year and they had a more talented squad in my opinion at the time and we had bad defeats after too

they lost to jacksonville state or whatever that school was called. so both those teams could be horrible too. just because its SEC vs SEC they can be overrated

so how do you know really what will happen.

Four-star defensive tackle Kendrick Norton of Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian said his top choices remain Florida and Miami, but makes it clear the current state of both programs could lead him to consider out-of-state schools.

"Florida and Miami are definitely at the top," the 6-foot-2, 292-pound Norton said. "In order for me to think about committing to Florida they have to at least go to a bowl game. I know the coaching staff would be in place for at least one more year if that happened. I need to see some security there.

"As for Miami, I'm not too sure about down there because they don't look very good, but I do like the coaches right now. It just doesn't look too solid for that program right now."

With the future of Norton's top choices in question, and with him having already de-committed from Florida State in the summer, the door is opening for some out-of-state schools among his 20-plus offers to enter the mix.

He's still working out his official visit schedule.

"I'll go to Florida and Miami for sure," Norton said. "Then I'm looking at some out-of-state schools. I might go with (Trinity Christian teammate Jeffery Holland) and a whole bunch of others to the UCLA game when they play USC. And I might go to Notre Dame."

For Norton, considering Notre Dame, UCLA and others, he said it will come down to opportunity.

"For those schools it would be about coming in early and making a big impact my first year with the program," he said. "Just those kind things. That's what I'll be looking at."

Norton doesn't know when he'll decide and appears to be willing to let the fate of his in-state choices play out.

"I'm not sure," he said of a decision date. "I don't really have a timeline. I guess whenever it feels right."

Whatever. Kid comes down for official, Al shows him that he cleaned out the defensive staff and we are "going to be more aggressive", we are right back in it for the kid.

And by the way, I know we need help at DT, but if this kid really is better at guard we could use him there too. Depth is starting to get rill scary on the OL.

Advertisement
"As for Miami, I'm not too sure about down there because they don't look very good, but I do like the coaches right now. It just doesn't look too solid for that program right now."

Not good.
That was half the quote,The other half was he was concerned that the coach he signs with is going
to be there{and not leave}.Muschamp looks to me more likely to leave than Golden.

I read that also on CanesSport.com. The recruits are constantly seeing pics of the empty stadium on game day, rumors about the coaches being fired and especially the lack of fan support at the games. I just think as fans we should support the TEAM more and not the coaches if you feel a way towards them. It's not the kids fault. They chose Miami because that's where they genuinely wanted to play football as well as further their education. GO CANES! Let's Get It!

Instead of Norton complaining why dont he be that guy that can make a difference in the trenches, are lose my Miami from his top two.

Advertisement
As a soldier i wasn't to please with the Cdr In Chief... didn't vote for him but I still had an obligation to give my all.... Politics seems to work themselves out...

I read that also on CanesSport.com. The recruits are constantly seeing pics of the empty stadium on game day, rumors about the coaches being fired and especially the lack of fan support at the games. I just think as fans we should support the TEAM more and not the coaches if you feel a way towards them. It's not the kids fault. They chose Miami because that's where they genuinely wanted to play football as well as further their education. GO CANES! Let's Get It!

+1!! What you people don't understand is that as fans, we're hurting the program too. Sending a "message" by not going to games, just makes it seem to the recruits that they'll have no support if they come here. Go to games and root for the team. Remember it's not a nation, it's a family.

+1!! What you people don't understand is that as fans, we're hurting the program too. Sending a "message" by not going to games, just makes it seem to the recruits that they'll have no support if they come here. Go to games and root for the team. Remember it's not a nation, it's a family.

This. Dan Mullen spoke to it on Gameday last week. Said the way that Miss State got built up started with the fans. Said if you have a good game day experience, the wins can and should follow, but not the other way around.

This. Dan Mullen spoke to it on Gameday last week. Said the way that Miss State got built up started with the fans. Said if you have a good game day experience, the wins can and should follow, but not the other way around.

The game day experience is crappy at sun life regardless if fans show up. Its just a crappy stadium over 20 miles from campus. Many students go to games, but when they start at noon, is hot as ****, and it's a 40 min bus ride, A lot don't feel like going. Alot more don't even make it in after the tailgate, but that's different.
Plus you just can't compare a small private school in a city where there is always something great to do to a big *** public school that has nothing going on. Why do you think Nebraska has sold out every single game like 40 years in a row?? The kinda support we had at the Duke game is good enough, IMO.
And Obviously all the fans are mad about the coaches, but that doesn't mean we don't support the player.

Advertisement
i dont even think this kid is that good he playes for a small school and he still dont dominate like he should i mean we need depth but this kid sound like hes not ready to put the work in if he comes here great if he dont fu*ck him....

Advertisement
Back