KEEP GOING

This school has never respected the students, the fans, or anyone who doesn't throw millions at them. It didn't when I was there, and nothing has changed. Maybe if they listened to someone besides some dumb ### trust fund fat cat once in a while they might be a first class university in reality instead of just in their own deluded minds.

Keep the pressure on, boycott everything but basketball, and raise all kinds of ****!

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with Golden, chump. I'm talking about Butch.

Let's say Golden is fired tonight. Do you really expect the AD to go out and hire Butch based on tweets and fan input?

As usual, you miss the point entirely. Substitute "Butch" for any other name and you would still be hemming and hawing.

It doesn't matter who people are frontrunning for- Golden needs to go, and we can worry about who will replace him later. Butch isn't realistic IMO, that's just the eternal hope of die hard fans, but someone like Schiano or Chud absolutely is possible. And there are plenty of other good coaches out there who would jump at the chance to work at a program like ours, it's simply a question of the priorities of the current regime and whether or not they want to win big, or be an average, middle of the pack program like we are now.

The hesitation in getting rid of Golden is nonsensical, if your goal is to win big. Florida and Michigan sure didn't give a squirt about not having the next man lined up, they made the move and aren't looking back. Our program has accomplished more in 30 years than both of those put together, but it's never going to get back to where it should be if the administration doesn't have the spine to care about football once again.

God****, there are some thick people on this board.

I didn't miss the point, chief. Obviously Al needs to go.

I asked a question based on the fact that the OP said "BUTCH ******* DAVIS" and that another poster seconded...and that several other posters--and apparently a few ex-players, have also voiced a desire to get Butch Davis back here.

I'm sincerely interested to know whether people really think that their tweets of who should be HC really matter...or, better yet, if they actually do matter.

Great idea, let's not say anything- don't tweet, don't voice your opinion, don't tell the fund raiser cold callers that you want Golden fired. You're pretty much trolling at this point.

And you're still being thick.

I don't give a **** what you tweet. I'm just asking if you really think you have an effect on who is hired.

All forms of public feedback have a tangible effect at some level, good and bad. I've worked a bit in PR and it absolutely does matter. A single ****ed off customer can, with the right circumstances, start a wave of dissent that ripples on and on and on, until you can't ignore it. I've seen it happen firsthand.

The banners got 10x in the amount of free publicity than they cost and got some members of the media talking about our coaching situation. By comparison, tweets can take a little longer to have an effect, if the source is not well followed or well known, but all it takes is one from the right source and it blows up instantly. In this age of instant media feedback, every word spoken, typed, heard or aired matters.

Will it have a direct effect on the hire? Of course not. But indirectly, will it help our current situation to get the message out that we want change? Absolutely, yes.

Someone find a website that you can flood someones email. Type up an email and send it to every person in miami's BOT, AD, etc 1000 times each person

As usual, you miss the point entirely. Substitute "Butch" for any other name and you would still be hemming and hawing.

It doesn't matter who people are frontrunning for- Golden needs to go, and we can worry about who will replace him later. Butch isn't realistic IMO, that's just the eternal hope of die hard fans, but someone like Schiano or Chud absolutely is possible. And there are plenty of other good coaches out there who would jump at the chance to work at a program like ours, it's simply a question of the priorities of the current regime and whether or not they want to win big, or be an average, middle of the pack program like we are now.

The hesitation in getting rid of Golden is nonsensical, if your goal is to win big. Florida and Michigan sure didn't give a squirt about not having the next man lined up, they made the move and aren't looking back. Our program has accomplished more in 30 years than both of those put together, but it's never going to get back to where it should be if the administration doesn't have the spine to care about football once again.

I asked a question based on the fact that the OP said "BUTCH ******* DAVIS" and that another poster seconded...and that several other posters--and apparently a few ex-players, have also voiced a desire to get Butch Davis back here.

I'm sincerely interested to know whether people really think that their tweets of who should be HC really matter...or, better yet, if they actually do matter.

Great idea, let's not say anything- don't tweet, don't voice your opinion, don't tell the fund raiser cold callers that you want Golden fired. You're pretty much trolling at this point.

I don't give a **** what you tweet. I'm just asking if you really think you have an effect on who is hired.

All forms of public feedback have a tangible effect at some level, good and bad. I've worked a bit in PR and it absolutely does matter. A single ****ed off customer can, with the right circumstances, start a wave of dissent that ripples on and on and on, until you can't ignore it. I've seen it happen firsthand.

The banners got 10x in the amount of free publicity than they cost and got some members of the media talking about our coaching situation. By comparison, tweets can take a little longer to have an effect, if the source is not well followed or well known, but all it takes is one from the right source and it blows up instantly. In this age of instant media feedback, every word spoken, typed, heard or aired matters.

Will it have a direct effect on the hire? Of course not. But indirectly, will it help our current situation to get the message out that we want change? Absolutely, yes.

Notice the **** bag hasn't returned to call you retarded or illiterate. He must have taken his medication.

Advertisement

Notice the **** bag hasn't returned to call you retarded or illiterate. He must have taken his medication.

I didn't feel the need to reply. DCF provided a decent retort without name-calling after our first couple of posts. Unlike you, ****boy.

Advertisement
Back