Katron Evans 2021 DT as a Possible Late Addition

It's really telling when people get upset that a high profile athlete chooses an HBCU. There was a day when top African American athletes couldn't play at or attend predominantly white universities. Now it's perceived as something's wrong when they don't.

HBCU's students and faculty are more diverse than many state universities. People just don't call them HWCUs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting back on point.If Diaz is willing to take a small class next year and use more ICs now since his future is on the line I doubt he takes a kid like this who won't help for a couple years.

Its not even that they are being pushed towards SEC B1G schools, all their players go play across the country to get out of Baltimore which should appeal to the Miami staff. The only player Miami really recruited from there was the DE Clowney and that was only because he got dropped right before the first signing day by LSU.

They are a top 3 high school team in the country that recruits the best players in MD,DC, Northern VA. No reason to not at least pop your head in every year and try.

I know who they are, I'm familiar with Baltimore, and yes, they are pushed to SEC and Big 10 by Biff. ****, Biff's a Michigan Man.

Last edited:
Katron Evans 2021 DT was released from his Tenn NLI and UM is kicking the tires on potentially adding him as a 2022 class blue shirt. CIS had an quick expose on him in last nights canesinsight youtube segment. Evans is 4* space eater with a quick first step and brute strength. Per @bradtejeda there may be some off the field red flags, but then then again most of the best DT have some type of baggage, but depending on how bad it is it can be mitigated because it is rare to find 6ft4in 330lbers that move like Evans.

Evans fits the mold of the big athletic 1 tech types that Coach Simpson likes, and adding him to the 2022 class would be ideal to spread out the depth at the DT/NT.

Go Canes

Can he play LB

I feel bad for all those 4* castoff recruits buying into Deon's bs NFL development pitch, he will be outta (quit coaching or taking a better job) JSU in 2-3 years leaving those kids stuck in Mississippi.

For instance he is talking crazy about getting JSU NLI deals, which he probably used in recruiting some of those 4* 's. If Evan's is taking that into consideration he would better served at Miami, **** Katron would be awesome in a Bob Evan's commercial.

**** Deon can barely provide a set of workout TShirts to his players, to the point they have to provide collateral for replacements equipment (even for DII they have it covered). It sad that Miami would have to recruit against this program. If this youngs red flags have caused UM to pass then this maybe the last we hear of this young, if he does pick JSU.

Go Canes

Do you feel bad when other high profile coaches pitch development to kids and bounce after 2-3 years for a bigger payday? I doubt it. This has been happening way before Mr. Sanders. His job is to attract talent (recruit) and develop talent. I can guarantee you he will be a better mentor to these players than 99% of the other coaches out there.

Advertisement
I feel bad for all those 4* castoff recruits buying into Deon's bs NFL development pitch, he will be outta (quit coaching or taking a better job) JSU in 2-3 years leaving those kids stuck in Mississippi.

For instance he is talking crazy about getting JSU NLI deals, which he probably used in recruiting some of those 4* 's. If Evan's is taking that into consideration he would better served at Miami, **** Katron would be awesome in a Bob Evan's commercial.

**** Deon can barely provide a set of workout TShirts to his players, to the point they have to provide collateral for replacements equipment (even for DII they have it covered). It sad that Miami would have to recruit against this program. If this youngs red flags have caused UM to pass then this maybe the last we hear of this young, if he does pick JSU.

Go Canes

Thanks to overt racism HBCUS have been notoriously underfunded compared to PRISON even the same state. Proven fact.

Advertisement
Talent can be found everywhere. Prime has a good staff. If HBCUS get back to producing nfl guys you’ll see g5 programs losing guys
Primetime is unfortunately selling these kids a pipe dream, because JSU will not have the financial backing to consistently develop NFL ready players.

Go Canes

Not at all. Look at the last two commits there. Grade casualties waiting to happen. Not spewing anything, you just go look it up.

Primetime is unfortunately selling these kids a pipe dream, because JSU will not have the financial backing to consistently develop NFL ready players.

Go Canes

Do they have a field? Do they play games?

That's truly all you need if you can get the talent there. You get kids with talent and drive, give them solid coaching, the NFL will come calling.

I don't think Deion is a big enough sell though to take a lot of talent away from the bigger shinier P5 schools though. Saban or Meyer could maybe and I truly doubt that even.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back