Kaaya

caneaddict

Senior
Starting to get better in this offense, and with zero running game... May cost him some draft slots but Richt is teaching him things that he was going to struggle with in the NFL going straight from the last regime...He will be more NFL ready and will get better in this system as the linemen and consequently the RB's do... Kid is becoming tough as he has no choice but to, expect a strong finish from him these last 5 games...

Advertisement
the oline must hate richt. there is no other explanation as to how they are such ****. our SOS last year was 40th. its 38th this year.

I like Kaaya a lot at QB. Richt needs to understand he needs to play to his players strengths. Being stubborn running the RPO and I formation costs us 3 games. NO ONE is saying you cant run the ball. What Im saying is he needs to be a lot more creative than he is. I do finally like that he ran a reverse and had a motion play for Yearby. WE need a lot more pre-snap motion and offensive formations. WE are not good enough to run the ball down someones throats without some rinkles in our formation. He just needs to be creative thats all. Kaaya also has to get rid of the ball at times but there is not a better QB on our roster so you ppl need to get over benching our QB!!

I really want Kaaya to do well here but kid has to learn to feel the rush and get the ball out of bounds to avoid some sacks. I truly agree that the OL has been complete dog **** this year though. Next year we are going to have to rely on a lot of youth for improvement and that's not a recipe for success either.

Advertisement
I really want Kaaya to do well here but kid has to learn to feel the rush and get the ball out of bounds to avoid some sacks. I truly agree that the OL has been complete dog **** this year though. Next year we are going to have to rely on a lot of youth for improvement and that's not a recipe for success either.

He actually was better at getting rid of the ball last year. Thats one reason why the sack numbers wasnt higher last season.

For the 8th straight game Kaya had wide open receivers running crossing routes and seams down the middle all game long and failed to find them. He locks onto his first target and fails to go through his progression. Reminds me a lot of a less athletic Kyle Wright. He is no bueno.

We have not seen Rosier start but one game. He had some issues but played fairly well. I especially like his ability to roll out and throw on the run. His athleticism would gives opposing defenses something new to cover, which is a weapon if game planned. This is college, not the NFL, a running QB in college can do very, very well.

He actually was better at getting rid of the ball last year. Thats one reason why the sack numbers wasnt higher last season.

I agree with this, that and he was in the Gun most of the season. I would much rather see Richt put him in the shotgun, spread teams out and just give him quick reads to get the ball out. Pass to set up the run.

Advertisement
Starting to get better in this offense, and with zero running game... May cost him some draft slots but Richt is teaching him things that he was going to struggle with in the NFL going straight from the last regime...He will be more NFL ready and will get better in this system as the linemen and consequently the RB's do... Kid is becoming tough as he has no choice but to, expect a strong finish from him these last 5 games...

He is going to be NFL ready because Mark crushed his draft status to the point where he will go much lower to a better team.

the oline must hate richt. there is no other explanation as to how they are such ****. our SOS last year was 40th. its 38th this year.

They were **** last year. What does this have to do with Richt? Also, it was pointed out in the preseason that the o-line would be a problem, but a lot of people on here said we'd be fine........welp.

The line got absolutely murdered for the better part of 3 quarters. Their footwork is too slow and they have poor situational awareness. That and some of them were getting tossed around like ragdolls. Can't really put it all on Searels, because they've been playing under Kehoe's habits for a while now. The Oline wasn't going to get fixed in Year 1

Richt should realize this and plan around it. We have too many slow developing plays Andrew not enough creativity to keep defenses honest. Plus, play action isnt gonna work under center if you're not successfully running from there as well

He is going to be NFL ready because Mark crushed his draft status to the point where he will go much lower to a better team.

He's a future New England Patriot

Advertisement

If he is lucky. One day Tom will retire, it may be 10 years from now but one day. Bill will know how to use whoever the replacement is.

If he is lucky. One day Tom will retire, it may be 10 years from now but one day. Bill will know how to use whoever the replacement is.

Long as Bill dosent ask him to scramble

That's what I don't get?? Belichick & his staff play to the players strength's, how many player's do they have coming in & out of N.E.???

The Offense was much further along than the Defense last year, though neither played to their potential but that was all due to the coaching staff...

Richt didn't come in as a rookie HC, he should be playing to the strength of our players... During the first 3 games I thought the play calling was much more cohesive, there was a rhythm, but now he's trying to force it & that's not working...

The line got absolutely murdered for the better part of 3 quarters. Their footwork is too slow and they have poor situational awareness. That and some of them were getting tossed around like ragdolls. Can't really put it all on Searels, because they've been playing under Kehoe's habits for a while now. The Oline wasn't going to get fixed in Year 1

Richt should realize this and plan around it. We have too many slow developing plays Andrew not enough creativity to keep defenses honest. Plus, play action isnt gonna work under center if you're not successfully running from there as well

Advertisement

This guy gets it.

All of this

Excellent points in this thread, OP down. In my opinion, regardless of who we had for a coach this year, the weaknesses were bound to show up. 1. One can only "Coach up" to cover weaknesses so much. The variation in opposing schemes would eventually expose them. 2. We do/did have some talent, but the thinning of the roster for various reasons has left us where we are. 3. Re the OL, MR did make the observation that they are not finishing their blocks, their execution is poor. It was a little better in the 2nd half, but the issue above (1.) came back to haunt us.

As good as our D is, they found a way of exploiting our freshmen, and cashed in on our gaffes.

Just my opinion, I'm no expert.

Long as Bill dosent ask him to scramble

true

Advertisement
Back