Kaaya Officially Overrated And What Needs To Change

Ayeplus

Freshman
Kaaya is officially overrated. He's shown that he's capable of making big time throws, but makes costly, game swinging mistakes...

Yes you have to charge Richt with questionable play calling as well as breakdowns from the OL, but I must put the onus on Kaaya. Let's face it, the game has changed. Look at the top 5 teams in the country and tell me what they all have in common. Yep, mobile QB's. Don't agree? You can even look in the NFL and see that the game has changed. Pocket QB's are quickly becoming extinct. In today's game of college football, you need a QB who can make up for a bad play call, breakdowns in protection or coverage sacks. You need a QB who can "take off" and run for a 15 yards with his legs if he needs to. You need a QB who can give a defense something to think about. Kaaya is a sitting duck on different levels if that makes sense.

That leads me to say this. Perry is easily Miami's most important recruit in years. Having Perry at QB will have Miami caught up with this new era of football..

Advertisement
Our fans are the worst smh... if you can't see the way kaaya was playing COMPLETELY changed after he was hit by Thomas then I don't know what to tell you... on top of that he gave the team chance to tie the game on a clutch 4th down throw and the offense had to endure having a Mark Walton touchdown called back that would have taken the lead in the 3rd...

Advertisement
Our fans are the worst smh... if you can't see the way kaaya was playing COMPLETELY changed after he was hit by Thomas then I don't know what to tell you... on top of that he gave the team chance to tie the game on a clutch 4th down throw and the offense had to endure having a Mark Walton touchdown called back that would have taken the lead in the 3rd...

What I'm trying to get you to see is that Kaaya doesn't have the wherewithal to make up for his inconsistencies. Again, he can make the big time throws, but it's the "inbetweens" that I'm talking about. He is ineffective when he's not making completions. For example, in the second half when he was going through his "funk", a simple 15 or 20 yard scamper would've gave the offense a spark (if he was mobile)...

You are a Kaaya apologist to Golden levels.

Was he hit by Thomas in the FAU game? People have been pointing out his happy feet, bad reads and brain fart plays for weeks.

People have posted it in other threads......Francois got his *** kicked all game and kept stepping up and making plays. Kaaya did not.

What I'm trying to get you to see is that Kaaya doesn't have the wherewithal to make up for his inconsistencies. Again, he can make the big time throws, but it's the "inbetweens" that I'm talking about. He is ineffective when he's not making completions. For example, in the second half when he was going through his "funk", a simple 15 or 20 yard scamper would've gave the offense a spark (if he was mobile)...

Got to agree with Aye... kaaya is capable of making some throws, but he also capable of throwing the bad INT. His good throws are sandwiches around inaccurate ones. But the bigger problem is that he isn't able to get creative. He can't make something out of nothing. He can't improvise.

He's a Cane thru and thru, and I love him for that, but he isn't the QB this team needs. He never will be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back