Kaaya as a true freshman

Advertisement
In today's game you can practically manufacture high offensive productivity for QB's...

With the weapons we have, big numbers should be very easy to come by regardless of who the QB is, the only thing that matters ultimately is beating FSU & finally winning the Coastal.

You need a QB who isn't afraid of getting hit, can operate without a clean pocket & who doesn't fold up if we don't have an early lead.

Whoever the next guy will be, as long as he understands he doesn't have to win it all by himself & can get his energy going early, it should be an immediate improvement.

Hopefully, no more slow starts with a bunch of overthrows & miss reads to begin the first 6 drives of a game.

The next QB to beat FSU will automatically be better than Kaaya, no matter what else they do at Miami haha!

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
2014Miami (FL) ACC FR QB 13 221 378 58.5 3198 8.5 8.4 26 12 145.9

Do we have a QB on roster that can do better? If so with the players coming back specifically on defense front 7 and additions of JT and Harley on offense plus other players that can contribute. We back?

A quarterback that can do better than 6-7? Probley.

Obviously you either didn't watch the games or you need glasses. In case it's the later...

IT WAS THE ******* DEFENSE. THERE ISN'T A QB IN THE UNIVERSE THAT WAS GOING TO WIN MORE THAN 8 GAMES WITH THAT STUPID A$$ DEFENSE.

Go ahead and complain about the two years that followed, but give the guy credit for stepping up as a freshman.

I give him credit for three L's against FSU.

Kaaya's surrounding talent as a true freshman was BCS-championship caliber

What does that have to do with anything?? Our D was told to wait on their a$$, and the play would come to them!! Talent don't mean **** if the coaches don't utilize it!!

Advertisement
@<b><a href="https://www.canesinsight.com/member/the-franchise/" target="_blank">The Franchise</a></b> "I'm also hopeful to have a QB who can get it done when the game's on the line."

Preach.

View attachment 43921

ChurchDance.gif

View attachment 43922

View attachment 43923

[video]http://i.imgur.com/HbQtD4a.gif[/video]

Last edited:
In today's game you can practically manufacture high offensive productivity for QB's...

With the weapons we have, big numbers should be very easy to come by regardless of who the QB is, the only thing that matters ultimately is beating FSU & finally winning the Coastal.

You need a QB who isn't afraid of getting hit, can operate without a clean pocket & who doesn't fold up if we don't have an early lead.

Whoever the next guy will be, as long as he understands he doesn't have to win it all by himself & can get his energy going early, it should be an immediate improvement.

Hopefully, no more slow starts with a bunch of overthrows & miss reads to begin the first 6 drives of a game.

I agree. If our QB this season can complete north of 60% of his passes, I think we'll be successful.

So was the coaching and S&C

You're being sarcastic but...Kaaya's freshman year he had:

NFL Talent at Skill position:
-Duke Johnson
-Clive Walford
-Philip Dorsett
-Stacy Coley (Not in the NFL now, but he was ACC freshman player of the year which is BCS caliber)

NFL OLineman:
-Ereck Flowers
-Jon Feliciano
-Shane McDermott

7 out of 10 players surrounding Kaaya are NFL quality, that offense should've averaged at least 24 points a game

But his coaches were Pop Warner...His defense was couldn't stop a good Troop of Girl Scouts...And he still walks away as the All-time record holder for a QB...I'm truly amazed he was the best in Three years...

Advertisement

But his coaches were Pop Warner...His defense was couldn't stop a good Troop of Girl Scouts...And he still walks away as the All-time record holder for a QB...I'm truly amazed he was the best in Three years...

Numbers are skewed now. Ken Dorsey is still my All-time record holder.

Passing

Do we have a QB on roster that can do better? If so with the players coming back specifically on defense front 7 and additions of JT and Harley on offense plus other players that can contribute. We back?

A quarterback that can do better than 6-7? Probley.

Obviously you either didn't watch the games or you need glasses. In case it's the later...

IT WAS THE ******* DEFENSE. THERE ISN'T A QB IN THE UNIVERSE THAT WAS GOING TO WIN MORE THAN 8 GAMES WITH THAT STUPID A$$ DEFENSE.

Go ahead and complain about the two years that followed, but give the guy credit for stepping up as a freshman.

I give him credit for three L's against FSU.

Makes sense.

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 1.40.34 AM.jpg

Advertisement
Passing

Do better? Make one game winning play against a average or better team. Where is THAT stat? Kaaya is 0 for life in that category.

WITH NFL players at every position, and on the OL that year. We played ONE team equal or better than us talent wise, and lost 7 games. But Kaay's stats vs Cincinatti! Hey there!

Passing

Do better? Make one game winning play against a average or better team. Where is THAT stat? Kaaya is 0 for life in that category.

WITH NFL players at every position, and on the OL that year. We played ONE team equal or better than us talent wise, and lost 7 games. But Kaay's stats vs Cincinatti! Hey there!

What is that I see, another person not afraid to speak the truth?

giphy.gif

Advertisement

I agree. If our QB this season can complete north of 60% of his passes, I think we'll be successful.

Thats not the most important factor in team success... Brad Kaaya completed 62% of his passes last season and 61% his sophomore season, still had less success as a UM qb than Jacory Harris.

Thats not the most important factor in team success... Brad Kaaya completed 62% of his passes last season and 61% his sophomore season, still had less success as a UM qb than Jacory Harris.

Kayaa + Jacory's teams = 10 wins

I didn't say it was the most important factor. However, I believe accuracy will be very important because our 2017 QB should have more explosive weapons than what Kaaya has had. And Coach Richt always emphasizes decision-making, which is worthless without accuracy.

Advertisement
Back